7.11.2012

38 Week Check In


38 weeks.... wowza!!!  The light at the end of this pregnancy tunnel is getting brighter and brighter.  So hard to believe that we are so close!

How Big Is Baby?
 

  • A pumpkin!!  Wow!!  Can't believe how big baby is!
Baby’s Development
  • At 38 weeks, baby’s probably sitting pretty low in my pelvis, which means s/he’s bumping into all kinds of nerves down there -- including some pretty sensitive ones I might not know I had.
How Big Is Mommy?

  • Definitely feel like I am dropping now... little by little.
  • The picture on the right is Lucy and I goofing off... I decided I was going to hang out upside down with my legs crossed so baby stays put for an extra week.  Lucy decided to keep me company.  :)
How Am I feeling?
  • Physically: Well... for the most part, pretty darn good.  I really shouldn't complain... however, my feet are starting to swell and ache, which is a real pain.  I should be thankful that I made it this long without any swelling or true aches and pains, but thinking about the next 2+ weeks like this is tough.  I can do it though.  :)
  • Emotionally:  So excited!  I am having dinner with some girlfriends tonight and I couldn't be more psyched to enjoy what will most likely be my last girls night out.
Any new developments, milestones?  Anything new?
  • I had an appointment today... which was pretty uneventful.  Because of my union's short term disability supplement (see developments below for details)... I am going to try to keep this baby in there until August 1st.  As such, I decided to not get an internal exam today.  I am kind of bummed because I am very curious if I am progressing toward labor, dilating or effaced... but it's not worth stirring things up if I can hang in there for a few more weeks.  Baby will be here soon enough one way or the other.
 Love/Hate:
  • Love:  Seltzer water has been particularly refreshing during this hot hot hot week.  I'm enjoying some raspberry lime flavored seltzer right now.  Yummy!
  • Hate:  Fat elephant feet.  Not awesome.
Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?
  • Next appointment is next Thursday... it's hard to believe that baby could actually arrive before then.  Wow!!
  • So about my short term disability.  (anger stirs up inside and blood pressure begins to rise...)... I found out just this morning that because I transferred to a new union when I became an RN, I am not eligible to collect any union benefits- including the short term disability supplement that I have been paying for- until I have paid six full months of premiums.... in other words, August 1st.  Wouldn't it figure that it's one week PAST my due date??  Grr.  Lucking, I have statistics on my side and know that my chances of baby arriving late are pretty good.  A full week late... I'm not so sure... but I will do my best to keep him/her snug and cozy until then.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment