6.20.2012

35 Week Check In

35/35!!!  Wowza!!!  I am 35 weeks pregnant today and have (give or take, of course) 35 days to go!!!  This is our last major milestone before full term.  I can't believe it!!

How Big Is Baby?
 

  • I *think* this is a coconut... or a bowling ball.  A coconut seems pretty small, so I am going with a bowling ball.
Baby’s Development
  • I’ve reached 35 weeks, and my uterus has grown about 1,000 times its original size, a number that might sound exaggerated to everyone else -- but to me it probably feels more like a million.
How Big Is Mommy?
 
  • This week, I ate a basketball!  Seriously!  It almost looks fake, doesn't it  I am so proud of this little bump I have grown... and so so in love with the wiggly little karate kid filling it.  :)
How Am I feeling?
  • Physically:  Still great!  I am so very blessed to have enjoyed a pretty smooth sailing (so far, knock on wood) third trimester.  Aside from some back pain at night, I feel excellent!  Hope this keeps up!
  • Emotionally:  It is really starting to sink in that the end of this pregnancy is nearing... and that is so bittersweet.  I longed so badly to be pregnant... then the first half of the pregnancy was so miserable I just couldn't wait to get it over with and have my baby in my arms.  Now I am really enjoying being pregnant and feeling the baby move inside of me... I am kind of sad that it will be over so soon and I will have to share him/her with the rest of the world.  While, of course, I can't wait to meet him/her and enjoy my newborn... I am really going to savor these last few weeks, since I'm sure they will fly right by in a flash.
Any new developments, milestones?  Anything new?
  • 35/35 today!!!  Like I said above, this is one of the last few big milestones... :)
 Love/Hate:
  • Love:  Tomato/cucumber salad.  I don't know if I've said that before, but I love love love it!!
  • Hate:  Back pain.  Bleh.  So so annoying.  I feel great all day at work (which is good that I can make it through a tough work day without issue)... but I am D-U-N when I get home.  I wish I felt better in the afternoons so I can enjoy my time with the hubs instead of laying on the heating pad and BioFreezing myself to oblivion (by the way, LOVE BioFreeze... it really does help).  For a healthy baby, though, bring on the back pain.  Heck... I've only got a few weeks left anyway, right?
Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?
  • Next appointment is Friday!!  I know it will be just another boring quickie.... but I think it's my last boring quickie... which is awesome.  After that.... GBS test and the internal checks begin.  The end is so so so close!!
  • Next milestone will be 37 weeks...  FULL TERM!!  Wow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment