6.13.2012

34 Week Check In

34 weeks... wow... just wow!!!  Baby is growing big and healthy and strong and we just can't possibly wait to meet him/her... although we will patient wait at least 3 more weeks... to full term.  :)
This update is from Sunny South Carolina, by the way.  I survived the 13 hour car ride down here and we are super excited for Chad's (brother-in-law) graduation from Army Basic Training tomorrow.  The trip down was actually a lot of fun... I always enjoy road trips with the hubby.  And... even better... on our way back, we should be able to squeeze in some beach time!!  Yippeeee!!!

How Big Is Baby?
 

  • Holy big baby!!  Over 4 pounds now and 17-18 inches long!  :)  Keep on growing baby, we're almost there!
Baby’s Development
  • At 34 weeks, I might breathe a little easier, since baby may descend lower into my pelvis and give my lungs some space. (Ahh!) The pitfall of this descent, of course, is even more pressure on my bladder, so be prepared to make even more trips to the ladies room over the coming weeks
How Big Is Mommy?

 
  • Today was family day, so Chad gave us a tour of the base and we snapped this picture!  Kevin's hand is kind of in the way, but my baby belly is still pretty large and in charge.  :)
How Am I feeling?
  • Physically:  Great!  I was really surprised at how well I handled the car ride.  We did stop about every hour or so for me to pee, but my back did pretty good, so I will call it a win!!
  • Emotionally:  Excellent.  Seriously, never better.  It is so refreshing to be off work, out of the house and just relaxing for a few days.  I will admit though, that when we dropped Lucy off at the vet yesterday for boarding, I cried like a baby in the parking lot.  I can't entirely blame pregnancy hormones, because she is my little girl and I probably would have shed a few tears regardless.... but it was full on ugly cry.  I miss her TONS!!!  This also kind of makes me nervous to leave the baby anywhere and makes me think I will never ever be able to enjoy an adult vacation again.  Guess we'll see.
Any new developments, milestones?  Anything new?
  • My appointment last Thursday was another quickie.  I did learn that baby is definitely head down (woohoo!!!) but still pretty high.  I'm excited that we are facing the right direction... now it's time to kick up the Red Raspberry Leaf Tea and get him/her to start heading south.  It's almost showtime.  Other than that, an uneventful appointment... which is a good thing.
 Love/Hate:
  • Love: The south.  Love everything about the south... the food (we started out day with biscuits and gravy... hello?!?!  Doesn't get any better than that!), the slow southern drawl, the sweet tea, the weather... everything.  I love love love it and can't wait to move back south... one of these days.
  • Hate:  Hmm... this is a tough one.  I'm in such an awesome mood right now it's hard for me to think of something I hate this week.  Maybe it will come to me... but for now, I am just loving life.  Vacation kind of has that effect on people, I think.  :)
Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?
  • Next milestone is next week 35/35... and the last milestone before full term.  Wow.  The end is so so close!!
  • Next appointment will be Friday the 22nd.  I think that may be my last 2 week appointment... after that it will be every week until baby comes.  Eeek!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment