12.21.2011

9 Week Check In

We shared our news with Kevin's family this weekend (I made a separate blog entry with the pictures... priceless).  Christmas is coming up and it's amazing to daydream about how our Christmas will be next year with a bouncing baby.  Daydreams like that get me through this crazy "morning" sickness... and, for the record, the name "morning" sickness was obviously created by someone (likely a man) who had never actually experienced it.  This stuff is alllllll day long misery.  Still worth it, though.

How Big Is Baby?
  • A little green olive and not even an ounce... :)

Baby’s Development

  • My little embryo has now officially graduated to fetus-hood. Adding to the excitement, a Doppler ultrasound device might be able to pick up the beating heart. With basic physical structures in place and increasingly distinct facial features, baby is kind of starting to look like... well... a baby!
How Big Is Mommy?
https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?view=att&th=1367b420b063cdb1&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1398183732195622912-1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-2E0kNkg943FpCNAY-2fyh&sadet=1334078430815&sads=kVEDcIckCyqwRoaUsRVSom3HAjE https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?view=att&th=136750f3302ba3b4&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1398175168760643584-1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-2E0kNkg943FpCNAY-2fyh&sadet=1334078502614&sads=yc-ff6kEUg0G6I4RSewnItnCyYY
  • Nothing yet... as much as I know I am going to miss this flat tummy... part of me is anxious to start sporting my cute little baby bump.  And yes, I will be saving these pictures for motivation after the baby is born.  :)
How Am I feeling?
  • Physically:  Still pretty crappy.  We had our Christmas party at work today and I (of course, being the little piggy I am) indulged in all of the delicious food... then (of course being the super sick first trimester pregnant lady I am) proceeded to throw it all up, and then some.  I will definitely be calling the OB this week for advice as it seems I can't keep anything down and I have actually lost a pound or two.  Very frustrating.
  • Emotionally:  Well... kind of exhausted.  I am amazed that women do this whole pregnancy thing more than once.  I wouldn't trade this little baby inside me for anything in this world... but holy cow it is much harder than I thought.  I also feel really terrible for Kevin.  I normally love to cook and really go all out for the holidays... but I just don't have it in me (nor do I want to smell the food... bleh) this year.  On a more positive note, we shared our exciting news with Kevin's parents this past weekend... and we mailed the packages with the frame/ultrasounds to my parents so they should arrive any day now (but they have strict orders not to open them until Christmas).  The plan is to Skype with them on Christmas morning while they open them.  Soooo excited to share our news!
Any new developments, milestones?  Anything new?
  • Nothing tremendously new with baby.  Still enjoying (ha!) all of my lovely first trimester symptoms and counting the days until second tri.
  • In other news... I passed my boards!!!  Woot woot!  What a relief that is!
 Love/Hate:
  • Love:  Still on the bagel kick.  We'll see how long this lasts.
  • Hate:  The smell of my refridgerator and freezer.  I am convinced that they smell like gravy and even just opening the door sends me running upstairs to toss my cookies.  Ugh.  It's going to be a long 31 weeks if this keeps up.

Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?
  • Christmas is Sunday and I am hoping and praying I can get my act together long enough to do some shopping for Kevin and decorate the house.  I don't know how I am going to manage cooking him a good Christmas dinner (poor guy has to work), but I will certainly give it my best shot.  I can't believe (and neither can my coworkers) that I am passing up all of the yummy Christmas goodies left and right... feeling crappy around the holidays is no fun.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment