1.29.2014

Kennedy's 18 Month Check In

Hi!  So wow!  I've been MIA for a while.  I'll be honest, this has been a pretty tough few months for me.  But back to Kennedy and more on my deal later.  ;)

Kennedy is growing and changing every day, it seems.  Her personality is really developing and she is growing up to be the sweetest, smartest little girl I know.  The past month has just been so much fun with her.  I think this age (18-?? months) might be my favorite so far.  She talks to me, sings to me and is super affectionate.  I am so blessed to be this little girl's mommy.

In other news, we have a sweet new addition to our little family.  Mr. Miles is a 5 month old Old English Bulldog and we are just smitten with him.  I will post a picture soon, but I can assure you... he is just as cute as Lucy is and I think Kennedy loves him just as much as we do.  By the end of his first day with us, she was hugging and kissing him and calling him by name.  We are thrilled that Lucy finally has a play mate.  Now to work on a play mate for Kennedy.  ;)
 

How Big Is Baby?
  • Kennedy is probably near 22 pounds.  *I'll have to go back and look up the stats from her appointment, but I know she didn't gain much weight.  She is still long and lean like a little bean
  • Still in 18 month winter clothes. 
  • Size 5 and 5/6 shoes and boots.
  • Full time cloth diapering although we have played around with Pull Ups, which she seems to do really well in.

Development & Milestones
  • Still running and climbing and bouncing around like a maniac.  She is full of energy and loves to play tag (well, her version) with the puppies.
  • She has been using the potty pretty consistently this month and has even told me a few times on her own when she needs to go.  We are still a long way away from any formal or aggressive potty training, but I am happy to see that she is interested and making some progress on her own.
  • Her language development is off the charts.  I can't even begin to count the number of words she signs and says now.  We are able to really... talk.  And it just melts my heart.  She tells me stories (although half of it is babble that I don't understand), but it is really fun to see her get so excited to talk to me.  She also loves to point at things (everything!) and tell me what it is, especially when we grocery shop together.  She knows almost all the fruits and vegetables.  I am one proud mommy!
  • The tooth count is up to 14 or 16 now. It's hard to count, but she almost has a full set.

Diet/Nursing
  • Nursing continues to go well. We cut out pumping completely, but still nurse on demand, which tends to be 3-4 times/day.
  • K's appetite is healthy.  There are times she is picky and other times where she is a tiny human garbage disposal. 

Sleep

  • Sleep has been steady.  She nurses to sleep and snuggles with me when I am home and she falls asleep with a sippy of water for Kevin.  My crazy random overnight work schedule doesn't seem to phase her much. 
  • Naps have been good overall.  There are a few times where she has boycotted her nap (and subsequently turned into a holy terror later in the evening), but for the most part, she does well with them.

Mommy & Daddy Check In
  • It has been an exhausting month.  I am happy to say that I am FINALLY now officially and Emergency Room Nurse.  I have been awaiting my transfer since Spetember and I started my new position this past Monday.  I am still in the honeymoon phase, I'm sure, but I feel better and happier already.  This just feels more... me.  I will be working day shift for a month or so to train, then after my vacation in February, I will likely go back to overnights, at least for a little while.  It's not easy, not fun and physically exhausting... but it works for us for now.  So... back to being a lady of the night I go, ha!
  • School is going well and I am beginning a new class, which I hope won't be too brutal.
  • Kevin is doing really well and happy to have me on the day shift, even if only for a month.
  • Otherwise... work is work and school is school. We are both looking forward to planning a much-needed break in the spring.

Any appointments, visitors or outings? Anything else new?
  • 18 month check up today!  Everything went really well and Dr. Rufa is really impressed with Kennedy's language development.  Woohoo!
  •  

Product Rave:
 
  • TBD

Any upcoming developments, milestones? What's next?
  • Counting down to our family vacation at the end of January... and our trip to Florida... and most of all, Kennedy's first trip to Disney!

No comments:

Post a Comment