Needless to say, Kennedy has had an exciting month!
How Big Is Baby?
- Kennedy is about 23 pounds
- We actually put her in some clothes from last summer for our trip. Since she normally wears cloth diapers (which give her a big old fluffy butt), she looked so tiny in just a pull up and her old summer clothes fit perfectly! I'm kind of wondering if the truck load of 2T summer clothes I snagged on clearance last fall will be too big. Eh... just means more shopping!
- Size 5 shoes worked well for the trip although I could tell the sneakers were a little tight. I'm hoping the size 6's I bought for this summer will fit.
- Still full time cloth diapering at home, but we went full time Pull Ups for the trip and she did AWESOME! We did use regular disposable diapers for overnight, but otherwise she spent the last week in Pull Ups and had only a handful of accidents. She even used the potty on the airplane (multiple times... I think she thought it was fun) and stayed dry on all 4 flights! Not too bad.
Development & Milestones
- I wondered if she would recognize the Disney characters in person... I had no need to wonder... she knew every.single.one (from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse) by name and she even learned a few new friends' names too. I was also curious whether she would be shy or afraid of the characters, but she warmed right up to them and even walk up to them and gave them all hugs. I was surprised and so proud of her. She sure loves her "MeeMee" (Minnie).
- She has really become very outgoing this month and loves to wave to everybody she sees. She waves enthusiastically and says "hi!!!" all the time... in the grocery store, at Target or the mall, at Disney, at friends' houses or the sitter's house. She is such a little social butterfly and seems to really enjoy making people smile.
- She did really well with the potty on our trip! She had only a few accidents in her Pull Ups and otherwsie used the potty the whole time.
- She continues to amaze me with her speaking and signing.
- The tooth count is up to 14 or 16 now. It's hard to count, but she almost has a full set.
- Still nursing away! I am so happy to be able to enjoy an extended nursing relationship with Kennedy.
- Her appetite was pretty good this month. Again waxed and waned a little depending on her mood and how the day was going, but overall she still eats very well.
- Sleep was really great early in the month. Having me back on day shift meant I was... HOME... every single night. Which was awesome. It was nice to be a regular part of bath time and bed time and I felt like we were just starting to fall into a really nice routine... then we went on vacation, ha! Things were a little off the past week due to traveling and the excitement of being in a new place with new people. And, unfortunately, they will be off a little more when I go back to nights next week. But I have no doubt that Kevin will get her back into the swing of things easily. He does a great job with the nightly duties when I have to work.
- Naps this month have been... well... pretty terrible. Kennedy does not like to nap at the sitter's. I suspect it's because she is afraid of missing out on any fun with the other kids. On vacation, naps were sporadic and often took place in the Ergo or stroller while walking around.
Mommy & Daddy Check In
- This month has just been incredible! Thanks to working the day shift, we have enjoyed so much more time (AWAKE!) as a family. And this past week's vacation was just the icing on the cake.
- Tomorrow is back to the grind, but we can't stay on vacation forever... real life must go on. This past week in Florida, however, has really solidified our plans to move back within the next few years. Syracuse has been home for a while now, but Kevin and I have both agreed that we are ready for a change (ahem... especially a change in the weather) and more than anything, ready to be closer to family. The road to Florida may not be easy, but we are certain that we will get there, hopefully sooner rather than later. Stay tuned on that one...
Any appointments, visitors or outings? Anything else new?
- Have you heard enough about our awesome vacation yet?!?
Any upcoming developments, milestones? What's next?
- Next appointment will be 2 years in July. What?!?