How Big Is Baby?
- Kennedy is around 18 pounds of fun!
- She is wearing 9 and 12 month spring and summer clothes now.
- Size 3 shoes fit or are even a little big still.
- Full time cloth diapering. Still size smalls and one sizes with 1-2 snaps out and 1-2 snaps up. We actually traveled with cloth this time and it is going great so far!
Development & Milestones
- Kennedy has taken a few steps... only one or one and a half at a time then sits down and crawls. Her balance has improved greatly in the last week or two. She will be walking in no time.
- She has been very vocal this week and talking up a storm.
- 3 teeth on top with one coming through and still 2 on the bottom.
- Nursing has been great. She has been biting a little more than normal, but I think it's because she has not been feeling well.
- Pumping at work was great, but I am looking forward to a whole week without the pump!
- BLW is awesome as always. Aunt Pat and Uncle Ed were very impressed with her eating skills.
- She has finally started to take an interest in her sippy cup. She isn't great with it yet, but she is working on it.
- Sleep has really been pretty good this week, despite our long car rides. She is a real trooper!
- Naps have also been pretty good, all things considered. She has been napping well in the car or in bed with mommy. Love this little snuggle bug.
PP Mommy Check In
- This week was pretty good, although traveling makes it tough to stay active. I'm looking forward to beautiful weather and lots of time outside.
- Right now I am about 120 lbs.
- *For reference, my highest pregnancy weight was 162, my pre-pregnancy weight was 130 and my goal weight is 125*
How Is Daddy?
- Kevin is having a great weekend also. he is excited to be home and to show off his little princess.
- Weight-wise, he is holding steady at his goal weight. He looks awesome and feels much better, more energy, etc.
Any appointments, visitors or outings? Anything else new?
- A long car ride to Pittsburgh on Friday night, a drive to Harrisburg on Saturday and back to Pittsburgh on Sunday. We got to visit with lots of different relatives so far and we are looking forward to seeing lots more during our stay.
- Unfortunately, baby girl had her first ear infection and is taking her first course of antibiotics ever. I held off on the antibiotics for as long as I could and tried garlic oil, but the infection was not clearing. I guess I should consider us lucky to have made it 10 months without an infection, but I hate this. :( And I really really hate antibiotics. She is doing well with them, but I am just not a fan. I think they are over prescribed and minimally effective unless the infection is cultured and the antibiotics can be targeted. Nonetheless, we are giving modern medicine a try. Hoping they work soon and that we will not be needing them again, ever.
- Cloth diapering is still going great!!
- iPad. Holy heck has this been a lifesaver on our long car rides. I must remember to download more movies because I have now listened to Finding Nemo 6 times!!! But hey, it keeps her happy (and QUIET) for a whole 15 minutes and then she falls asleep!
Any upcoming developments, milestones? What's next?
- Mommy and Daddy's 2 year anniversary on Tuesday, also baby girl's first overnight stay with her grandparents, eeek!!
- Kennedy will turn 10 months on Wednesday, we will celebrate by going to the zoo!
- Back to Syracuse on Thursday after making a pit stop in Drums, PA to visit with Aunt Judy and Uncle Ed
- Birthday party planning will begin when we get back home! Yikes!!
- As my post from Thursday said, Kennedy's great-grandfather passed away this past week. We are still awaiting the final word on funeral arrangements, but we will likely be planning a short trip to Florida to say our goodbyes. <3