5.05.2013

Kennedy's 40 Week Check In

It's hard to imagine that 40 weeks is the milestone we counted down to for Kennedy's due date.  She has been in our arms almost as long as she was in my belly.  I'm trying to wrap my head around that.  Wow.  Just wow.

We had some amazing weather this week, so Kennedy got to enjoy her kiddie pool for the first time.  She loved it!!

How Big Is Baby?
  • At her check up on Tuesday, Kennedy weighed 17 pounds, 14 ounces.  I realoly thought she would be over 18 pounds by now, but her weight has kind of taped off.  She is 29 1/4" long which makes her an Amazon baby, height wise.  :)
  • Size 3 shoes still fit!!!
  • Full time cloth diapering. We are out one snap on each side and one snap on the rise on all of her dipes. We have gone up a second snap on the rise on a few of her diapers and so far we are getting a great fit!

Development & Milestones
  • Kennedy's check up went great.  She is on track or ahead with her milestones and is overall a happy, healthy little girl.
  • Big news of the week... she can STAND!!  On her own!!  She doesn't yet go from sitting or crawling to standing, but she will pull up on something (the kitchen cabinet, mommy's leg, Lucy, the couch) and let go for a few seconds.  It is fun to watch her test the waters... let go for a few seconds, hold on, let go again.  She is becomming more independant, yet still holds onto my leg and cries when I walk away.  I can't imagine her ever not needing me this much.  I just love her to pieces!
  • No new words or signs this week, but she still loves to babble.
  • 4 pearly white teeth with one more breaking through any minute
Diet/Nursing
  • Nursing has been pretty good this week.  Early in the week, Kennedy didn't feel so hot, but she is back to herself now 
  • Pumping at work is still going great.  I have my schedule down and things are working out well.
  • BLW is just awesome.  This week, Kennedy got to sit in the cart like a big girl at Wegmans (this is a treat in itself since I normally wear her when we go out)... AND... she enjoyed her first ever mini chocolate chip cookie.  She was a mess, but she loved it!!!  It was so much to watch her giggle and practically beg for more.
  • We are continuing with the small cup and it is working well.  I have to hold it for her, otherwise it would end up everywhere, but she drinks from it pretty well.
Sleep
  • Sleep.  What is this thing called sleep?
  • Naps have been a nightmare this week.  She has been having a hard time napping at the sitter's (ok not napping at all... as a matter of fact she screams non stop for hours... my poor baby)... so early in the week, I really wanted to help her learn to self soothe and nap in her crib unswaddled.  Fail.  Super fail.  She was not feeling well and just plain miserable.  Toward the end of the week, I was back in survival mode between 12s and just trying to do anything I could do to help her nap longer.  I am not a believer in the cry-it-out method, but I have to find something to help her settle so I think I am going to do some reading on gentle sleep training this week.  Something has to give.  I hate that she is so miserable and exhausted at the sitter's, but I'm at a loss how to fix it.  Hopefully next week will be better.
  • Sleep-wise daddy said the week was ok.  It's tough not having mommy home at night.  Hopefully this week will be better in this area too.

PP Mommy Check In

  • This week was a little better for me.  I am slowly getting used to overnights, although i am still not as productive as usual on my days off (i typically spend at least half the day just trying to catch up on sleep). 
  • Right now I am about 119 lbs.
  • *For reference, my highest pregnancy weight was 162, my pre-pregnancy weight was 130 and my goal weight is 125*

How Is Daddy?
  • Kevin is doing awesome.
  • Big news!!!  Yesterday, he reached his goal weight.  He is under 200 for the first time in years!!  I am so so proud of him!! 
  • In the daddy department, he is working on getting into his own routine for mornings.  It is really tough for him to get up, get baby up, fed and ready for the day and off to the sitter.  I am so thankful for all he is doing.

Any appointments, visitors or outings? Anything else new?
  • Doctor's appointment on Tuesday went pretty well.  She is growing beautifully, long and lean.  Her milestones and development is right on track.  Only negative was that she had some fluid in her right ear.  The doctor said it was not infected, but it could turn into an ear infection.  Well, I don't want to just sit around and wait for an ear infection!!  Some quick research found that garlic oil can help to remove fluid from the ear and help to prevent infection.  So... baby girl smelled like an Italian kitchen for a few days, but I think she is all better now.  :)  I love modern medicine and all (heck, it's my job)... but I love homeopathic treatments even more.
  • Cloth diapering is still going great!!

Product Rave:
  • Hmm... need to think of something this week for sure!

Any upcoming developments, milestones? What's next?

  • Nana Lorrie and Grandpa Siegfried are coming to visit next weekend
  • We have a trip to Pittsburgh coming up soon too!

Picture Time











No comments:

Post a Comment