5.12.2013

Kennedy's 41 Week Check In

I'm late... and I'm trying to catch up.  :)  Kennedy is now 41 weeks and we just enjoyed our first Mother's Day.  Amazing.



How Big Is Baby?

  • Kennedy is likely 18 pounds of love and fun now.  Grow, baby grow!!
  • The change of weather inspired me to break out all of her warm weather clothes.  To make room, we retired ALL (whatever was left) of her 3 and 6 months clothes.  She is now in 9 months and (GASP!) 12 months!! 
  • Size 3 shoes still fit!!!
  • Full time cloth diapering. We are out one snap on each side and one snap on the rise on all of her dipes. We have gone up a second snap on the rise on a few of her diapers and so far we are getting a great fit!

Development & Milestones
  • Kennedy is standing on her own and cruising around like a mad woman.
  • No steps yet, but I can tell she is thinking about it.  I was kind of hoping she would celebrate Mother's Day with her first steps, but no dice.  Maybe she will hold out until Father's Day.  That would be an awesome gift for daddy.
  • No new words or signs this week, but she still loves to babble.  She signs puppy consistently (go figure) and is starting to play around with "more"... she doesn't quite get it yet, but she is close.
  • 4 pearly white teeth with one more breaking through any minute
Diet/Nursing
  • Nursing has been great this week.  I have 3 days off in a row coming up and I am looking forward to a more normal schedule (and no pumping!)
  • Pumping at work is still going awesome.  I have my schedule down to a T now.
  • BLW is going great!!  Tonight, Kennedy enjoyed her first ever spaghetti and meatball dinner (pictures to follow).  It was everything I hoped it would be!  A complete mess!!
  • We are continuing with the small cup and it is working well. I have to hold it for her, otherwise it would end up everywhere, but she drinks from it great!
Sleep
  • Sleep has been ok this week.  It's really tough going from nights to days, and I think Kennedy is confused going from just daddy at night to mommy and daddy.  We are making it work though.
  • Same story with the naps.  Our inconsistent schedules make her routine difficult.  She is hanging in there though.

PP Mommy Check In

  • This week was ok.  I'm still trying to figure out which way is up when I am in a run of 3 or 4 12s, but I will get used to it... eventually, right? 
  • Right now I am about 118 lbs.
  • *For reference, my highest pregnancy weight was 162, my pre-pregnancy weight was 130 and my goal weight is 125*

How Is Daddy?
  • Kevin is doing great!  He is pretty much super dad.  I know I say that a lot, but it's the truth!
  • Weight-wise, he is doing awesome maintaining his goal weight.  I am so proud of him! 
  • In the daddy department, he is getting the hang of the overnights and mornings alone with monster baby.  He is getting a routine of his own in place and doing great with it.

Any appointments, visitors or outings? Anything else new?
  • Not much this week besides a lot of cleaning.  Oh and...
  • First Mother's Day!!  What an awesome day.  I got sweet cards from Kennedy and (of course) Lucy and Kevin.  I got to enjoy Kennedy's first messy spaghetti and meatball dinner and I got an iPad.  Too much awesomeness for one day!!
  • Cloth diapering is still going great!!

Product Rave:
  • iPad.  Love!!  We actually bought this with the intent of downloading games and movies to keep Kennedy (and myself) occupied on long car trips.  I don't know who loves it more... her or me... but it is really a pretty cool thing!

Any upcoming developments, milestones? What's next?

  • Nana Lorrie and Grandpa Siegfried are coming TOMORROW!!!  Can't wait!!!
  • We have a trip to Pittsburgh coming up soon too!

Picture Time

















No comments:

Post a Comment