5.19.2013

Kennedy's 42 Week Check In

What a wonderful week it has been!!  My parents drove up from Florida to spend a few days with us, the weather was gorgeous AND Kevin and I got to enjoy a date night!!  It.was.awesome!  Baby girl was a little unsure of who these "Nana" and "Grandpa" people were at first, but it didn't take too long for her to decide that they were ok.  She loved the attention, the hugs and snuggles.  They left on Friday and I'm sure she misses them as much as they miss her!

How Big Is Baby?

  • Kennedy is around 18 pounds and she seems to be getting taller by the day.
  • She is wearing 9 and 12 month spring and summer clothes now. 
  • Size 3 shoes still fit!!!
  • Full time cloth diapering. Still size smalls and one sizes with 1-2 snaps out and 1-2 snaps up.

Development & Milestones
  • Kennedy is standing more and more often, but still no steps.
  • She started doing this really funny hand gesture and yelling or bablling very intensly.  She will repeat it a few times as if she is annoyed you don't *get* it right away.  It almost looks like she is giving a political speech and really trying to drive home her point.  I have no idea what it means, but it definitely seems to mean something important to her.  It's really cute.
  • Another tooth broke through up top this week.  Hopefully that will cure some of the fusisness and sniffles.
Diet/Nursing
  • Nursing has been wonderful this week.  It was so awesome to just relax and nurse with my baby girl all week instead of messing with the pump.
  • Pumping at work is still going great although I am starting to get annoyed with it at times.  It is just time consuming and not all warm and fuzzy like nursing is.  Eh... a necessary inconvenience to keep giving baby girl the best!  It's well worth the trade off.
  • BLW is awesome as always.  This week, Kennedy enjoyed fish, lasagna, mac-n-cheese, star fruit (which she loves), blueberries and lots of other yummy stuff.  She definitely has a preference for meat and fruit, but will eat just about anything.
  • She drinks from a cup while i hold it and does a really good job.  No interest in drinking from a sippy cup whatsoever.
Sleep
  • Sleep has been great this week!  I'm guessing mostly because I have had a few days off from my crazy overnight shift.  Back to the grind for a week and then vacation for a week!  Woot!
  • Naps have been on both ends of the extreme this week.  Sometimes she will go down super easy or fall asleep while nursing.  Other times she will scream bloody murder for an hour or more.  I'm not sure what the issue is, but hopefully she will settle into a more consistent nap routine.

PP Mommy Check In

  • This week was good.  Ate healthy, enjoyed some time outside.  I am regretting not taking the opportunity to run more while my parents were here.  Gah!!
  • Right now I am about 118 lbs.
  • *For reference, my highest pregnancy weight was 162, my pre-pregnancy weight was 130 and my goal weight is 125*

How Is Daddy?
  • Kevin is doing awesome!  He enjoyed having my parents in town just as much as I did.
  • Weight-wise, he is back to his goal weight after indulging on our date night.  That's what date nights are for, though, and I'm sure he would agree that it was worth every deliciously sinful calorie. 
  • In the daddy department, he is really doing wonderful with Kennedy.  He keeps her entertained so I can sleep, handles dinner, bath time, bed time and mornings all by himself.  He rocks!

Any appointments, visitors or outings? Anything else new?
  • Nana Lorrie and Grandpa Greg came to visit this week.  Kennedy loves her grandparents and loved all of the extra love and attention this week.
  • Cloth diapering is still going great!!

Product Rave:
  • Ergo... I have had it for a while, and loved it since day one, but I have been getting a lot more use out of it lately.

Any upcoming developments, milestones? What's next?

  • We have a trip to Pittsburgh coming up next week!

Picture Time










No comments:

Post a Comment