2.03.2013

Recipe x2: Super Bowl Dishes

I won't be enjoying much of the Super Bowl this year since I have to work... but my wonderful evening crew is having a party anyway.  I originally offered to bring in some Jalapeno Bacon Cheddar Monkey Bread, since I saw an awesome sounding recipe the other day for this... but then a recipe for Loaded Apple Nachos caught my eye.  I really couldn't decide, so this morning... with Kevin's help... I made both!  Problem solved.  :)

Jalapeno Bacon Cheddar Monkey Bread

  • 2 cans of biscuits (refrigerated section), quartered
  • 1 brick of cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 1 brick of pepperjack cheese, shredded
  • 1 cup of bacon, cooked and chopped
  • 1 cup of chopped fresh jalapeno
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted  

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Toss 1/3 of the biscuit quarters in the melted butter.  Spread them in a layer in the bottom of a 9x13 deep pan or glass dish.  Sprinkle 1/3 of the cheese, bacon and jalapeno on top.  Repeat with another layer of biscuits then toppings, then a third layer.  Bake at 350 for approx 40-45 minutes or until top layer is golden brown.  Serve with ranch for dipping.  Yum!!


 Loaded Apple Nachos
  • 4 large apples
  • caramel
  • chocolate
  • coconut
  • pecans
  • any other toppings that suit your fancy
Thinly slice (or use a peeler/slicer to save some time) your apples (I always toss in a little lemon juice to prevent browning) and arrange them in a thin layer.  Top with caramel, chocolate and other toppings.  Place another layer on top and repeat as many times as you'd like.  




Obviously, NOBODY wants to work through the Super Bowl... but if you have to, having some yummy food around to enjoy makes it a little easier.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment