2.17.2013

Kennedy's 29 Week Check In

First Valentine's Day has come and gone without a boy in sight.  Whew!!  Now, only about 34 more Valentine's Days to go before she can have someone other than daddy for her Valentine.  :)  So says daddy at least.  This has been another wonderful week of growing, learning, playing and loving.



 
How Big Is Baby?
  • Kennedy feels like she has put on a little weight this week.  I have noticed that she is starting to feel really heavy in her ring sling after a trip to the grocery store.  I used ot be able to carry her around all day with no problem... no my little chunka munka is breaking my back after an hour or so.  :)  I wouldn't have it any other way though.
  • Last week's Operation Retire All of the Cute Little Bitty Clothes is complete.  :(  I can't bear to part with them completely (and I'm hoping we will get to use them again soon anyway) so they are packed away in storage boxes for now.  But either way, they are not fitting Kennedy anymore, so away they go!!
  • Full time cloth diapering. We are out one snap on each side and one snap on the rise on all of her dipes.

Development & Milestones
  • BLW is still going great!  Her pincer grasp is improving a little each day.  I have been putting a few rice puffs on her tray st the start of meals, so she can work on her grasp and hand/eye and hand to mouth coordination.  She is doing great!
  • Her two bottom teeth are very visible now (and very sharp!!)
  • As far as crawling goes, baby girl is still having some directional problems.  She can scoot backwards across the floor in no time, but going forward is just not happening yet.  She can get up real high on her hands and knees and rock, but when it's time to move she just flops down and kicks her legs.  It's pretty funny.  :)
 
Diet/Nursing
  • Nursing is going great!!
  • Pumping at work is also going well, but I am noticing my supply starting to drop ever so slightly.  I had a stretch of a few days where I was unable to pump at all during my shift and I'm not sure if this is to blame or if baby girl is taking less during each nursing session because she is eating more solids.  Either way, I have noticed a small difference and I am kind of torn about this.  Part of me is ok with it because I know that the less I nurse/pump the sooner that we will be able to start trying for baby number 2, which we would like to do soon.  On the other hand, I really really love nursing and will be sad if this stops any time soon.  I guess we will just have to see how it goes.
  • BLW is still going well.  This week she had toast, kiwi, meatball, chicken, cucumber, pears, baked potato (which she promptly turned into mashed potato), broccoli, pancakes and waffles.

Sleep
  • Still working on the crib transition.  Some nights are great, some nights not so great.  I am not a fan of cry-it-out, so I try to comfort or soothe her when she fusses and if it is just not working I bring her back in our room.  At some point, I always end up putting her in our room.  Eventually, before she goes to college I hope, she will end up sleeping a full night in her own room, but for now I am ok with having her close.
  • Sleep-wise, things are still the same.  a 1am feeding, a 5-6am feeding and then she is up for good at about 9am.
  • Naps have been ok.  I have napped with her a few times and she will sleep for 2 hours... but naps alone in her crib have had a max of 45 minutes... usually closer to 30.
  • I'm learning that this little girl is a snuggle muffin and just doesn't sleep as well when she isn't super close to someone.  Many people say this is a bad habit, and I'm hoping in time she will sleep better on her own, in her crib... but for right now, at this age, if having us close gives her comfort, then so be it.  To be truthful, having her close gives me comfort too.  I think I need her just as much as she needs me.
 
PP Mommy Check In

  • Same old, same old.  I'm still really torn on the gym thing.  I really really want to join the YMCA, but I'm just astounded by their prices.  I have made a pros/cons list comparing the Y with Golds and I am really just stuck.  I think eventually, I am just going to say "the heck with it" and go to Golds... but for now, the debate continues.
  • Right now I am about 122 lbs.  
  • *For reference, my highest pregnancy weight was 162, my pre-pregnancy weight was 130 and my goal weight is 125* 

How Is Daddy?
  • Kevin is doing awesome!!  He is the master of bath time, story time and bed time.  The past few nights I have come home from work and baby girl has been asleep in her own room!!  I know this hasn't been an easy task for him, but he is doing really great!!

Any appointments, visitors or outings?  Anything else new?
  • No appointments, nothing new really other than a first Valentine's Day.
  •  Cloth diapering is still going great!! 

  Product Rave: 
  • This week, I am loving our new knee high socks.  Baby socks are ridiculous and this girl can wiggle out of her in 3 seconds.  Knee high socks at least last a solid 3 minutes. 
 
Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?
  • Next up will be another visit to the pedi for the flu shot booster, fun times.
  • Hopefully we will have some forward motion in the crawling department soon.  :)
   
Picture Time:

 Lucy was all over Kennedy for these pictures.  She is such a camera hog, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment