2.24.2013

Kennedy's 30 Week Check In

Uncle Mikey is here to visit!!!  He came up Friday evening to spend the weekend with Kennedy and we are so excited to have him.  He hasn't seen Kennedy since Thanksgiving and he agrees that she is growing way too fast.  He also brought his puppy, Apollo, with him and it is official.  Kennedy loves all puppies.  :)



  How Big Is Baby?
  • Kennedy is probably nearing 16 1/2 pounds.  She is growing so big and tall.
  • She is flying through her 6 month wardrobe very quickly and starting to fill out her 9 month outfits already.
  • Full time cloth diapering. We are out one snap on each side and one snap on the rise on all of her dipes.


Development & Milestones
  • BLW is still going great!  Her grasp and coordination continues to improve.  She is doing much better with smaller pieces of food, like her puffs, but she prefers larger spears still.
  • Her two bottom teeth are very visible now (and very sharp!!)
  • As far as crawling goes, baby girl is still having some directional problems.  She can scoot backwards across the floor in no time, but going forward is just not happening yet.  She can get up real high on her hands and knees and rock, but when it's time to move she just flops down and kicks her legs.  It's pretty funny.  :)
  • We had another first this week!!  2 actually... first, on Thursday morning, when I laid her down on her changing table, I got my very first "ma ma"... it was the sweetest thing ever!!  I was stunned at first... then I laughed and clapped and told her what a big girl she was.  She must have been very proud of herself, because she has been "ma ma"ing non-stop ever since.  I absolutely LOVE it!!
  • Also, she apparently didn't want daddy to feel left out in the milestone department, so she decided to pull herself up from sitting to standing, using her Zany Zoo on Thursday night.  She now does that frequently as well.  I can't believe our little girl can pull herself up!!  I'm not quite ready for this yet, but at the same time so excited for her development!!
  • Still not much forward progress in the crawling department, but going backwards must be the new going forward.  :)  I'm starting to wonder if we will have a walker before a crawler.
 
Diet/Nursing
  • Nursing is going great!!
  • Pumping at work was much better this week.  I actually have a 3 day weekend, so my pump and I will get to part ways for a few days.  A break from pumping is always nice.  I really commend mamas who pump exclusively.  I can't even imagine.  I do love my pump... but I love nursing my baby more and any break I get from that boobie squashing contraption is very much welcomed.
  • BLW is great!!  Baby girl had meatballs, mac-n-cheese (homemade, of course), pancakes, coconut, kiwi, biscuits with homemade blackberry jam, steamed carrots, broccoli, snap peas, green beans, chicken and a few other treats this week.  It is so much fun to watch her explore food and eat.


Sleep

  • Slow progress in the crib transition.  Daddy had a rough time with bed time this week, but he is sticking it out.  I am so proud of him.  It is taking up to 2-3 hours to get her to fall asleep in her crib, but he stays there, patiently, replacing her Nuk, patting her back and rolling her over for as long as it takes.  He is such an amazing, patient father.
  • Sleep-wise, things are still the same.  a 1am feeding, a 5-6am feeding and then she is up for good at about 9am... although last night she decided to wake up and hang out with Uncle Mikey from 10pm-midnight.  I think I have a night owl on my hands.
  • Naps have been ok.  In the crib, she naps for about 30-45 minutes.  I am trying to increase that to at least an hour, ideally two.
 
PP Mommy Check In

  • Up a pound or two this weekend.  I blame my brother and all of the super salty, not-so-healthy food we have been enjoying with him around.  Last night was meatballs, home made mac-n-cheese and stuffed jalapenos.  Everything was so delicious that I decided I needed to eat more around midnight.  Bad move.  I see an extra mile (or 5) in my near future.
  • Right now I am about 124 lbs.  
  • *For reference, my highest pregnancy weight was 162, my pre-pregnancy weight was 130 and my goal weight is 125* 


How Is Daddy?

  • Kevin had a bit of a rough week as far as bed time goes.  I could tell he was getting burnt out and frustrated by the end of the week.  Working second shift, all of the bed-time burden falls on him most of the week.  I am hoping this week goes better.


Any appointments, visitors or outings?  Anything else new?

  • No appointments, nothing new really other than another awesome visit from Uncle Mike and a few amazing milestones.
  •  Cloth diapering is still going great!! 


  Product Rave: 

  • This week, I am a big fan of Kennedy's Zany Zoo that Great Grandma Rose sent for Christmas.  When we first got it, Kennedy just kind of batted and swatted at everything, but now she is learning how to open the doors, flip the tiles and move the toys around.  It is a really sturdy, wooden toy that is holding up very well.
 
Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?

  • Next up will be another visit to the pedi for the flu shot booster, fun times.
  • Hopefully we will have some forward motion in the crawling department soon.  :)
 
Picture Time:

Kennedy with Uncle Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment