2.10.2013

Kennedy's 28 Week Check In



I thought the first 6 months flew by... well time sure isn't slowing down any time soon.  This has been such a fun week watching baby girl continue to learn and grow.  I love love LOVE being a mommy.
 


 How Big Is Baby?
  • Kennedy is 16 pounds and really tall/long for her age/weight.  Long and lean!
  • Tonight, daddy and I will be going through her clothes again.  We will likely be retiring any random pieces of 3 month clothing that are left and even putting away some of her 6 month sleepers since they are starting to become too short.  So sad!!
  • Full time cloth diapering. We are out one snap on each side and one snap on the rise on all of her dipes.


Development & Milestones
  • BLW is still going great!  Her grasp is getting better as is her hand-to-mouth coordination.
  • Her two bottom teeth are about 1/2 way up.  They are so cute (and sharp!!).  I feel a top tooth below the surface, but I think it will be a while before they poke through.
  • Kennedy can crawl backwards at light speed.  She pushes herself up in a push up, slides back then repeats.  She can get all the way across the room doing this.  It's really funny.  She still can't quite go forward yet, but she can scooch around backwards like it's nobody's business.
 
Diet/Nursing
  • Nursing is going great!!  I have really come to enjoy my nursing time with Kennedy and it has really started to hit me that I am going to be very sad when it's time to wean.  I have enough milk stored to last her for a long long LONG while (I may even need to donate some), but it's the special closeness, the bond that we share when I hold her close and nurse her that I am going to miss so much.  I am not planning to wean any time soon... I'm hoping to be able to do it on her schedule, when she is ready.
  • Pumping at work is also going well.
  • Another great week for eating.  She has tried so many new things that it is hard to remember what is new this week.  Some things she has enjoyed: chicken, mango, red pepper hummus, apples, pears, bananas, sweet potatoes and today at Chili's a little taste of salsa and a french fry.


Sleep
  • As I type this, baby girl is sleeping in her crib, at night, for the first time.  We have done lots of naps in there, but when it's time to put her down for the night, I always chicken out and bring her into our room in the pack and play.  Her room (right next to ours, literally) just seems so far away.  I just didn't feel ready yet.  To be honest, I'm not sure if I will ever feel ready, but I thought tonight was a good night to at least try.
  • Sleep-wise, things are about the same.  She seems to wake up consistently at about 1am (he time that I get home from work) and at about 5-6am (the time that Kevin leaves for work) and then is up for good around 8:30-9am.  I might sound completely crazy, but I really don't mind the middle of the night wake up calls and feedings.  Some day, likely very soon, she won't need me like that any more, so I am trying to savor and enjoy these moments.
  • Naps have been so-so this week.  The 2-3-4 schedule works great... when it fits into our schedule.  This week should be better, fingers crossed.
 
PP Mommy Check In

  • Same weight, nothing new there.  Kevin and I researched a few different gyms in the area and have decided to enroll in a program through our health insurance.  This program will give us the option to use several different gyms in our area.  I NEED to start working out again.  For myself, for my body, for my energy level, for my baby.  
  • Right now I am about 122 lbs.  
  • *For reference, my highest pregnancy weight was 162, my pre-pregnancy weight was 130 and my goal weight is 125* 


How Is Daddy?

  • Kevin is doing great as always.  We were able to enjoy a great weekend together as a family.


Any appointments, visitors or outings?  Anything else new?

  • Another great week full of growing, learning and loving.  Nothing particularly exciting, but at the same time, every day is a new adventure.
  •  Cloth diapering is still going great!! 


  Product Rave: 

  • This week I am falling back in love with our Aiden and Anais swaddles.  After a couple of rough nap days, I have retreated back to swaddling the babe.  Hey, it works.  :)
 
Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?

  • Nothing new on the horizon as far as appointments go.
  • Milestones, we are waiting for her to start moving forward, but she is much more interested in scooting around backwards at the moment.  :)
 
Picture Time:

 This girl LOVES her Lucy.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment