1.27.2013

Kennedy's 26 Week Check In


Well here we are.  26 weeks.  Half a year.  Baby girl can sit by herself.  Her first tooth is poking through.  She eats fruits and veggies.  She laughs and smiles.  She is working on crawling and, as of right now, directionally challenged... meaning she moves backwards.  She is the center of my world and the light of my life.  I can't believe she is 6 months (well, just shy of) old.  Today, daddy, Lucy, baby girl and I played around in the snow and snuggled up next to the fire.  It was a great day!!





How Big Is Baby?
  • Kennedy is about 15 pounds and growing fast!
  • K still fits into 3 month tops and 3 month bottoms... but anything that is one piece (like sleep and plays)... she is in 6 or 9 month.
  • Full time cloth diapering. One size and smalls with two medium fleece soakers. We are starting to move out and snap and have gone up one row in rise in all of the diapers.


Development & Milestones
  • Week one of Baby Led Weaning (BLW) is complete.  Kennedy did really well and we only had a few scares.  
  • We have a tooth!!!  Well... just about.  It is starting to poke through her gums and boy does it hurt!
  • She has been really into her feet this week and loves to chew on them every chance she gets.
 
Diet/Nursing
  • Nursing is still going great!  
  • Pumping at work is also going well.
  • So far this week, we have tried.... avacado, banana, sweet potato, carrot, beets, hummus, applesauce, blueberries (in a mesh teether) and pancake.  She did really really great!!  Anything soft, she smashed into oblivion on her tray.  I originally started out with small pieces, but learned quickly that it works best if I cut the food into spears or chip like shapes... she is better able to pick those up then chew on them as she likes.  If I load a spoon for her, she puts it right in her mouth... I think because she wants to chew on the spoon, but the food makes it's way in there too in the process, so it works.  We are going to continue with fruits and veggies for another week or two then work our way into chicken and other more complex foods.  Next up is pumpkin, broccoli, peaches and pears.


Sleep

  • Night time sleep has been really great this week.  Baby girl has been falling asleep around 8:30-9pm and waking up once, sometimes twice a night to nurse.  She is up for the day around 8:30am and always wakes up smiling.  She is such a joy!!  And this weekend has just been fantastic.
  • Naps have been really great this week also.  We have stuck, as closely as possible, to the 2-3-4 schedule and it is working really well for us.  Both yesterday and today I decided to snuggle with Kennedy for her morning nap and she zonked out for a good two hours both days!!  Woot!!  I feel like Kevin and I are really hitting our stride as parents and it feels great!!
 
PP Mommy Check In

  • Down another pound, probably from being sick.  BUT... I decided when looking in the mirror this morning that even though my weight is below my goal, I am still not completely happy with my shape.  I really need to tone and tighten up.  And I really need to RUN (however the 5 degree temps means it is not going to happen for a while).  But... Kevin and I have talked about the gym and think we may break down and buy a membership.  Living up north means it is just not possible to work out outside year round and we just have to accept that.
  • Right now I am about 122 lbs.  
  • *For reference, my highest pregnancy weight was 162, my pre-pregnancy weight was 130 and my goal weight is 125* 


How Is Daddy?

  • Kevin is doing great this week!!  He is still not the biggest fan of BLW and gets nervous when baby girl coughs or struggles, but he has been very supportive of me using this method.  When I am at work, he sticks to purees, which is fine with me.  He has been doing wonderfully with baby girl's bed time routine.  :)


Any appointments, visitors or outings?  Anything else new?

  • Nothing really new and exciting this week.  It was more of a settling back into our groove type of week.
  •  Cloth diapering is still going great!! 


  Product Rave: 

  • Hyland's Teething Tablets- with this tooth cutting through, these have been lifesavers.
 
Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?

  • Half birthday on Tuesday and 6 month check up on Wednesday.  Busy week!! 
   
Picture Time:

No comments:

Post a Comment