1.13.2013

Kennedy's 24 Week Check In

What a busy week it's been for us.  We started out by flying to Orlando on Tuesday morning (I'll post about this fiasco later!) to visit with my family.  It was a wonderful trip, always too short, but so very sweet.  Kennedy got to meet her great grandparents for the first time and picked up her very first (of many many to come) Disney treat.  We decided not to actually visit any of the Disney parks (Daddy wants to be there for that and he couldn't make it this time)... but we did sneak in some Downtown Disney shopping.  e also skipped the beach this time, but making the rounds to visit friends and family kept us plenty busy.  We flew home on Friday morning and by Friday afternoon we were headed to Pittsburgh where we enjoyed a very belated Christmas with Kevin's side of the family.  We had a blast there and Kennedy made out with quite the Christmas loot (pictures to follow).  We left Pittsburgh this morning and we are now headed home.  Phew!!  I need a vacation from my vacation.  :)

Baby girl did wonderful traveling and I really enjoyed having a whole week off with her.  I am not looking forward to returning to work on Monday.  Not one bit.



My little nap jail escape artist
 
How Big Is Baby?

  • Kennedy is close to 15 pounds, if I had to guess.  She is getting noticeably heavier and longer.
  • K still fits into 3 month tops and 3 month bottoms... but anything that is one piece (like sleep and plays)... she is in 6 or 9 month.
  • Full time cloth diapering. One size and smalls with two medium fleece soakers.  We have gone up one snap in the rise in all of her CDs and stretched out one or two snaps at the waist. 
  • We did spend the entire week in disposable diapers.  Yuck!!  Traveling with cloth is, unfortunately, just not practical.  Kennedy wore size 2s. 


Development & Milestones
  • First airplane ride was our big milestone this week.  She did really well.  I kept her in my ring sling for the majority of the flight (except on the way down when we lucked out and got our own row!).  She nursed in the sling and took a nap as well.  I am so so lucky (and I'm sure the passengers nearby would agree) to have such an easy going, happy baby.
  • She sits perfectly without support and even tries to scooch on her butt a little.  It's very cute!
  • Still no teeth... but still teething.
Diet/Nursing
  • Nursing is still going great!  Nursing in the airport and on the plane was... well... interesting.  But we did ok and only flashed the boob a couple of times.  :/
  • This is the first time, since she was born, that I have not been attached to my pump.  I took it with me, just in case, but I didn't have to pump at all for the whole week.  It was glorious!!
Sleep

  • Night time sleep has kind of wacky this week.  Due to our travels she was up extra early, nap times were a bit off and stayed up late some nights... but that is just what happens when traveling.  She took everything in stride and really only got cranky when she was way overdue for a nap.  She did sleep in bed with me when we were away, and it worked out fine.  I know bed sharing can be kind of scary, but we were very safe about it... and you know what... it was really pretty awesome to see her smiley little face right next to me in the morning.
  • Naps were all over the place this week.  All things considered, she did really well.  Next week, we plan to work on a 2-3-4 nap schedule.  She will wake up in the morning and 2 hours after she wakes up I will put her down for her first nap.  3 hours after she wakes up from her morning nap, I will put her down for her afternoon nap.  4 hours after she wakes up from her afternoon nap, Kevin will put her to bed.  This will be tricky and the timing will not be exact because I have to take her to the sitter and go to work in the afternoon... but we will stick to this schedule as best we can.
 
PP Mommy Check In
  • Holding steady at a pound or two below my goal.
  • Right now I am about 123 lbs.  
  • *For reference, my highest pregnancy weight was 162, my pre-pregnancy weight was 130 and my goal weight is 125* 

How Is Daddy?

  • Kevin has missed us this week.  He and Lucy, our puppy, had the house to themselves.  I'm sure they were both able to catch up on sleep, which is good, but they were lonely.  When Kennedy and I did come home on Friday, Kevin was still at work, but Lucy went nuts!!!  You would have thought she hadn't seen us in years.  It was adorable.  When daddy got home from work, Kennedy's face just lit right up.  I think she missed her daddy just as much as he missed his baby girl.

Any appointments, visitors or outings?  Anything else new?

  • Pretty much just our family visiting spree I wrote about above.
  •  Cloth diapering is still going great!! 


  Product Rave: 

  • Booginhead Paci Clips.  I used these on EVERYTHING on the plane.  I had 3 of them and could ahve used 3 more.  If you are like me, once something touches the floor- especially on an airplane- it's as good as gone.  I had a pacifier, burp cloth and toy clipped to her so she could flail around and play with whatever she wanted and if she tried to throw it (which is one of her new favorite things to do)... it only got as far as the leash would go.  Saved me from sanitizing a bunch of toys.
 
Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?

  • Next pediatrician appointment for Kennedy is in January 30.  I can't wait to see how big she is getting.
  Picture Time:

No comments:

Post a Comment