How Big Is Baby?
- Kennedy is right around 15 pounds. Length wise I am clueless, but I know she is very long!
- K still fits into 3 month tops and 3 month bottoms... but anything that is one piece (like sleep and plays)... she is in 6 or 9 month.
- Full time cloth diapering. One size and smalls with two medium fleece soakers.
Development & Milestones
- We have been playing with Mum Mum crackers for the last few weeks, watching to see if Kennedy becomes more interested in solid foods and I think we are finally there. We gave her a few bites of rice cereal on Thursday and Friday nights, but she really didn't seem to care much for it. Tomorrow we are taking the leap with Baby Lead Weaning, which is a method of introducing- or more encouraging the baby to introduce themselves- to solid foods. I have done a fair amount of research on this and Kevin and I have decided that we think this is best for our baby girl, so... tomorrow will be a fun day. We are going to start with avacado. :) I'll be sure to get some green messy pictures and tell how it goes. Wish us luck!!
- Still no teeth... but still teething.
- Nursing is still going great!
- Pumping at work is also going well.
- As above, the Mum Mum crackers have been so-so, the rice cereal was kind of blah. Tomorrow... the real fun begins.
- Night time sleep has been much better this week, now that we are home and back into our routine. Daddy has even managed to get baby girl to sleep in her crib for the first half of the night a few nights in a row now. He is doing excellent with bed time.
- Naps have been good overall. We are working on the 2-3-4 nap schedule, but having some snags because of my work schedule. I am trying to work us into a routine that will allow her to get a good full nap in before we have to leave for the sitters... but not too early that she needs a nap there then gets woken up when daddy comes to pick her up. We will get there. And if nothing else, we will have a baby who is flexible and will nap when she needs to/when she can vs when the schedule dictates.
PP Mommy Check In
- Holding steady at a pound or two below my goal.
- Right now I am about 123 lbs.
- *For reference, my highest pregnancy weight was 162, my pre-pregnancy weight was 130 and my goal weight is 125*
How Is Daddy?
- Kevin is happy to have a full house again this week. He is really enjoying his new jobs with his steady hours and weekends off.
Any appointments, visitors or outings? Anything else new?
- Nothing really new and exciting this week. It was more of a settling back into our groove type of week.
- Cloth diapering is still going great!!
- Fisher Price Glow Worm- we have been using this at nap time and it seems to work great. Kennedy stares at it and plays with it until she falls asleep.
- Nothing this coming week, but her half birthday and 6 month check up is next week.