9.29.2013

Kennedy's 14 Month Check In

It has been a GREAT month!  Kennedy is growing like a weed, learning so many new things.  We JUST got back (literally) from our awesome family vacation to the Outer Banks (more to come, along with pictures, on that later!), but we had an incredible time.  Kennedy loved the beach, as did Lucy.  We got to spend time with Gam Gam, Pappy and Uncle Mike.  It was just a fabulous week.  Kennedy is rocking this toddler thing and never ceases to amaze me.









 

How Big Is Baby?
  • Kennedy is 20, maybe 21 pounds now.
  • Before we left for vacation, we retired all of her summer outfits, except the ones we brought with us.  Those will {{sniffle}} be retired when we get home.  Her fall/winter clothes are 18 months- 2T and I'm sure she will fit into them easily when we get home.
  • Size 4 shoes for now, but her boots are a size 5. 
  • Full time cloth diapering. Size smalls and one size- fully extended on the rise and out 2-3 snaps at the waist.  We did switch to size 3 disposables for the trip, mostly because we had a case to get rid of and weren't completely sure about the laundry situation in our rental house.  I'm glad we brought disposables because we had some issues with the washing machine mid-way through the week.  We are, however, VERY happy to be back in cloth tonight.  :)

Development & Milestones
  • Running all over the place.  This girl doesn't slow down for ANYTHING.
  • We went into the ocean and a swimming pool for the first time this past week.  She was a little unsure (and the pool was very cold) but she did really well.
  • She ate really well with utensils this month.  Her coordination is much better and she only dumps her bowl when she is finished and we aren't paying attention.
  • Her language is incredible.  She signs so much!  Let's see... dog (of course), milk (OF COURSE, lol), all done, please, bird (her new favorite), eat, water and I'm sure I'm forgetting some.  She is really curious and seems to enjoy learning new signs.  I think we might actually be at the beginning of the 15 month language explosion.
  • The tooth count is still at 8... still no molars
  • She did surprisingly well through the 6 hour car rides x4.  It is about 12 hours total from home to Nags Head, but we split the trip in half on the way down and back.  She hung out in the back seat with Lucy watching Despicable Me and staring out the window.  We had a few melt downs around hour 5 on all 4 legs, but otherwise she was an angel.  I couldn't believe it!

Diet/Nursing
  • Nursing continues to go well for us.  I can tell she is starting to cut back (and I am encouraging) to a few times a day, but the nursing sessions last a little longer than they used to.  Either way, I still love these quiet moments with her.
  • Pumping is just about done.  I didn't even bring my big pump with us on vacation.  I did bring a small manual pump to use in case Kevin and I went out on a date night and I used it twice, but otherwise no pumping at all this week, which was nice!  I am planning to really work on cutting back/cutting out pumping sessions completely when we get back.  I don't plan to stop nursing, but this will help (hopefully) to start my cycle again so we can try for baby #2.  Here's to hoping!
  • I was able to donate 8 (YES 8!!!!) gallons of breast milk to the National Milk Bank.  I am so proud of myself and my boobies!!  :)  Read more about it here
  • BLW is pretty much finished, dare I say?  There isn't a thing this girl will not eat.  This week she tried shrimp, crab and even some hot salsa.  She eats anything and everything.  We are so proud!

Sleep

  • Sleep has been excellent!  While on vacation, she kept a great routine, falling asleep round 9 and waking up around 7 or 8.  Part of me was like "aaah!  Wake up at 7??  On vacation??" but at the same time, we were able to see so much and spend so much time outside because we woke up so early.  And honestly, by 9pm, I was ready for bed, lol!
  • Naps were pretty good.  She takes one nap a day now and it usually lasts anywhere from 2-3 hours.  She is pretty cranky when it is nap time, but always wakes up in a great mood!

Mommy & Daddy Check In
  • Another wonderful month for us.  Kevin's job is going really well and I was just offered a position in our emergency room as an RN.  I have always wanted to work in an ER and am thrilled about this new opportunity.  I'm not sure when I will be starting, but I am very excited!  Health and weight-wise, things are status quo.  We were able to enjoy lots of fun cardio this week with hiking and swimming, a welcome change from running running running earlier in the month.  Lol.

Any appointments, visitors or outings? Anything else new?
  • Our major event this month was our vacation.  Otherwise, not a whole lot.  :)
  • Cloth diapering is still going great!!

Product Rave:
  • I LOVE my new necklace from BouBeads.  It is just beautiful and Kennedy loves to play with it.  It is designed from natural, baby-friendly materials so she can play/chew on it safely while she is nursing or while I am carrying her in her wrap.  It keeps her curious little fingers occupied and (more importantly) out of mommy's hair!


Any upcoming developments, milestones? What's next?
  • Next appointment will be 15 months on October 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment