6.02.2013

Kennedy's 44 Week Check In

What a busy, fun and exciting week!  We spent the first half of the week in Pittsburgh, visiting Kevin's family and enjoying the city then we drove home on Thursday so I could kick of a long stretch of 4 twelves starting Saturday.  I am 1/2 way done and wondering what I was thinking!  We had an awesome vacation week, all too short, and we can't wait to go back again!  Baby girl is growing and changing every day.  She never ceases to amaze me and make me smile.

How Big Is Baby?
  • Kennedy hasn't gained much, still around 18 pounds and still tall for her age.
  • She is wearing 9 and 12 month spring and summer clothes now.
  • Size 3 shoes fit or are even a little big still.
  • Full time cloth diapering. Still size smalls and one sizes with 1-2 snaps out and 1-2 snaps up.  Our trip with cloth went fabulously!  We will use cloth for all road trips now.  Way easier!

Development & Milestones
  • Kennedy is really starting to walk now.  Still only a few steps before she lands on her tush, but she is getting braver and doing better.  I can't believe I have a walker!  Eeeek!
  • She has been extremely vocal this week and has started throwing tantrums.  Grrrrreat.  While I am excited for her to talk more, I am not a fan of the screeching, especially when we are out at a restaurant.
  • She is signing "milk" pretty consistently.  She also does puppy often, which still looks like her just being excited, bu I'm pretty sure she means "puppy" now whereas before I thought she was just flapping around.  We are working on "more", "mama" and "dada".
  • 4 teeth on top now and still 2 on the bottom.
Diet/Nursing
  • Nursing has been excellent!  I am getting more confident nursing in public and was able to nurse baby girl in the Ergo while walking around the zoo.
  • I only had to pump once on our trip!  It was nice to take a break.
  • BLW is awesome as always.  Baby girl ate very well the whole time we were away.  Such a big girl!
  • She is doing awesome with her sippy cup!  She seems to do best with one that has a sort of straw at the top, so we give her this now with water and she just goes to town.  I swear, she learns something new every day.  I just love to watch her figure things out.

Sleep
  • Sleep has been pretty good!  She did great for grandma and grandpa while Kevin and I enjoyed our anniversary and she did great on the car ride home.  I'm so impressed!
  • Naps have been ok.  Sometimes she is tough to get to fall asleep, but once she finally does, she consistently naps for 1-2 hours and wakes up happy as can be.

PP Mommy Check In

  • This week was good, even with traveling.  The weather was gorgeous and we did a lot of walking.  Feels so good to enjoy time outside!
  • Right now I am about 120 lbs.
  • *For reference, my highest pregnancy weight was 162, my pre-pregnancy weight was 130 and my goal weight is 125*

How Is Daddy?
  • Kevin had a pretty good week, although he spent a lot of time driving.  I think it was refreshing for him to see his friends and family from home.
  • Weight-wise, he is holding steady at his goal weight. He looks awesome and feels much better, more energy, etc.
Any appointments, visitors or outings? Anything else new?
  • Our plans for our Florida trip next weekend are still not solid, but we will likely be heading out on Friday.  We may or may not have another long car ride (to Pittsburgh) thrown in the mix.
  • Kennedy finished up her antibiotics and seems to be feeling better.  I am still unhappy with the fact that I caved and gave them to her, but glad she is feeling better so it was worth it in the end.
  • Cloth diapering is still going great!!

Product Rave:
  • Sippy cup with a straw!  I swear, if it weren't for this, she would have used a bottle forever or gone straight to a cup which would have been a mess!


Any upcoming developments, milestones? What's next?

  • We will be driving to Pittsburgh (possibly) and flying to Florida (definitely) at some point over the next weekend.
Picture Time














 

No comments:

Post a Comment