6.23.2013

Kennedy's 47 Week Check In

As we close in on the end of my baby girl's first year of life, I can't help but marvel at this amazing little being.  It is just absolutely crazy to ponder over the fact that 2 years ago, she was but a dream, 1 year ago, she was but a wiggly little rib kicker tucked away inside my belly... and here she is.  She is her own being with her own personality.  She is my everything.  Blessed doesn't even come close.


How Big Is Baby?
  • Kennedy is pushing 19 pounds now.  Grow, baby, grow.  No wait.  Slow down baby!!  I don't want to retire any more clothes.  Ever.
  • She is wearing 9 and 12 month spring and summer clothes now.
  • Size 3 shoes... well... to be honest, we haven't worn shoes all week so for all I know she has outgrown those too!  Ha!
  • Full time cloth diapering. Still size smalls and one sizes with 1-2 snaps out and 1-2 snaps up.

Development & Milestones
  • Kennedy is walking all the time now.  She is ::sniffle:: a toddler, I guess.  I absolutely adore her little weeble wobble.
  • She is still doing great with the sitter and her big girl friends.
  • She really understands bye bye now and will wave when you say it.
  • She is also signing milk, more and her version of all done, which involves throwing her food on the floor. Not amused.
  • 4 teeth on top now and still 2 on the bottom with 2 more starting to poke through.
Diet/Nursing
  • Nursing has been great.  She has been kind of  amaniac during nursing sessions lately, kicking and flailing all over the place.  I have had to be conscious of the surrounding environment and do my best to eliminate distractions.
  • Pumping at work is going well. 
  • BLW continues to go well. I have yet to find something she won't or can't eat.
  • She has been drinking lots of water from her sippy cup like a big girl!
Sleep
  • Sleep has been pretty good this week.  She has slept pretty well over night, which makes for one happy mama.
  • Naps have been crazy good this week!  She napped for 3 hours on 2 separate days.  Baby girl must know mommy is exhausted.

PP Mommy Check In

  • I ran this week!  A lot!!  And I LOVED it!!  Gosh I missed my runs and it felt amazing to get out there and pound some pavement.  I actually went for a run at (you're never going to believe this) like 6am on Saturday morning.  Crazy, I know, but the road was calling me.
  • Still no clue on the weight, still no batteries in the scale.  I am probably still around the same, 121-122 
  • *For reference, my highest pregnancy weight was 162, my pre-pregnancy weight was 130 and my goal weight is 125*

How Is Daddy?
  • Kevin had a great week.  He spent a lot of time outside, sweating his butt off.
  • Weight-wise, he is guessing that he is back around his goal.
Any appointments, visitors or outings? Anything else new?
  • We enjoyed a trip to the park with Miss Amanda and baby Joey.  It was great to get outside and enjoy a nice walk followed by some play time on the swings.  Miss Amanda and I have said we need to make this a weekly date.
  • Cloth diapering is still going great!!
Product Rave:
  • Hmm... I'll come back to this one later. 
 

Any upcoming developments, milestones? What's next?
  • Birthday countdown... 5 weeks!
Picture Time

No comments:

Post a Comment