6.16.2013

Kennedy's 46 Week Check In

Back to work and back in the swing of things.  A relatively uneventful week, but after the business of the past few weeks, it was kind of nice.  I am back in school again (in addition to work) so it is getting harder to keep up with the weekly check ins.  Sorry!



How Big Is Baby?

  • Kennedy is definitely over 18 pounds, maybe close to 19 now.  She is so tall, too!
  • She is wearing 9 and 12 month spring and summer clothes now.
  • Size 3 shoes are fitting a little better now.
  • Full time cloth diapering. Still size smalls and one sizes with 1-2 snaps out and 1-2 snaps up. 

Development & Milestones
  • Kennedy is walking more and more.  She will walk from place to place in the house unless it is a long distance, but even then she usually starts out walking.  Pretty soon crawling will be but a memory.  Makes me sad to think about it, but I know this day is coming.
  • She did really well at the sitter this week.  She is interacting with the big girls more and crying for mommy less.
  • She is waving "Bye bye" now with great excitement.  It is the cutest thing!
  • She is also signing milk, more and her version of all done, which involves throwing her food on the floor.  Not amused.
  • 4 teeth on top now and still 2 on the bottom although I think she is starting to cut more on the bottom.  Grrrrreat.
Diet/Nursing
  • Nursing has been great.  We are back into our groove at home and enjoying our special time together.
  • Back to pumping at work again.  I really need to follow up on my donor application since my milk stash continues to mount.  We are using milk from November at this point.  That means I have 7 months of milk stashed away.  Holy moly!!
  • BLW continues to go well.  I have yet to find something she won't or can't eat.
  • She has been drinking lots of water from her sippy cup like a big girl!
Sleep
  • Sleep has been great.  We are back to our normal routine (if you want to call it that with our wacky hours).
  • Naps are back to normal too.  She naps with me when I get home from work and in her crib on my days off.

PP Mommy Check In

  • This week was ok.  I worked a LOT (72 hours over 7 days) so I am really exhausted.  Next week I have a pretty good amount of time off.  The road and I have a date, or two or five.
  • Right now I have no idea how much I weigh because the batteries in our scale died and I have been too busy to buy more and replace them.  If I had to guess it would be around 122 maybe.
  • *For reference, my highest pregnancy weight was 162, my pre-pregnancy weight was 130 and my goal weight is 125*

How Is Daddy?
  • Kevin had a pretty good week, even though he was basically a single dad for the past 7 days.  He did awesome though.  Always does.
  • Weight-wise, he is up a pound or two from the Florida trip.  Don't worry though... I'll nag that pound or two off.  :)
 
Any appointments, visitors or outings? Anything else new?
  • Kennedy's follow up with the NP went great.  No more ear infection!
  • Cloth diapering is still going great!!

Product Rave:
  • A&A Muslin blankets.  It has been warming up here and these light blankets are perfect for nap time

Any upcoming developments, milestones? What's next?

  • Birthday countdown... 6 weeks! 
Picture Time

 

No comments:

Post a Comment