2.08.2012

16 Week Check In

Creeping right along!!  Every day is a new milestone and brings new and exciting changes.  I a really starting to enjoy being pregnant almost as much as I am looking forward to being a mom!


How Big Is Baby?
  • An avocado... growing growing growing!!

Baby’s Development

  • I should watch what I say... tiny bones forming in baby's ears mean the little one can now pick up my voice. Eyebrows, lashes and hair are starting to fill in, and taste buds are forming. And, an ultrasound might be able to determine gender.
 

How Big Is Mommy?
https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?view=att&th=1367512efc3c9150&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1398175440400547840-1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-2E0kNkg943FpCNAY-2fyh&sadet=1334338063768&sads=cBqiaA-o9GFG__smL4mmKCU5Pgg
  •  Slowly growing
How Am I feeling?
  • Physically:  Better and better.  I am praying that the worst of the "morning" sickness is over and I can start to really enjoy this pregnancy. 
  • Emotionally:  Great!  Starting to enjoy this more and more each day.  Daydreaming about names and nurseries and snuggling with my little baby.  :)
Any new developments, milestones?  Anything new?
  • I have been finding the baby's heartbeat on my doppler regularly with no issues.  Such a sweet, sweet sound.  Other than that, nothing new this week, but I do have an appointment on Friday. 
 Love/Hate:
  • Love:  My doppler.  I love that I can hear that sweet little heartbeat any time I want now.  Truly amazing.
  • Hate:  How exhausted I feel after a day on the floor working as a nurse.  Holy cow!  I am not sure if it is being pregnant, the fact that I have had a desk job for the past several years... or both... but it kicks my butt and I come home exhausted after just one 8 hour shift.  I am used to running around and doing lots of crazy physical stuff in the Marine Corps for days with little to no rest... it's crazy to me how weak and out of shape I feel.  As soon as the weather gets better, I am getting back into running (yes, the OB says this is ok) and I can't wait.  I know it sounds odd to burn energy in order to gain energy, but it's the truth.  The more active I am, the more energetic I feel... right now I am hating feeling like a slug.
Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?
  • 16 week check up on Friday with the second round of blood work for the NT scan.  I enjoy going to the OB.  I love all of the staff so far and always look forward to my appointments.  Even though I know I won't be getting another ultrasound, I am still looking forward to a check up.

No comments:

Post a Comment