How Big Is Baby?
- Kennedy has to be 12 pounds. She is getting h-e-a-v-y!!!
- Mostly 3 month clothes, although we are blowing through those at an alarming rate. She wore a 6 month outfit this week and it fit great, but I am not ready to switch to 6 month clothes just yet. :( I'm not ready for my baby to grow so fast!
- Full time cloth diapering. One size and smalls.
Development & Milestones
- Kennedy is still a drooling machine!! We finally did start putting a bib on her after having to change her onesie 3 times in one afternoon due soley to slobber.
- She is has not rolled over yet, which surprises me. She does, however, love to lay and sleep on her side.
- Her coordination is really improving and I have noticed a huge difference this week. She is now able to hold onto and shake her rattle and lovie. She is also able to grab the tosy on her car seat bar. Before she would sort of aimlessly bat at them, but now she can easily grab and hold onto them. So cool to watch her learn to things and accomplish new skills.
- Nursing is still going great!
- Pumping at work is... going. Sometimes it's hard for me to find/make the time, especially on busy days. And there have been a few nights where I have not had a chance to pump... at all. Let me tell you that is NOT pleasant. I am really struggling to make it a priority on busy nights as I don't want to feel like a burden to my coworkers. Thankfully I have some very understanding coworkers who try to shoo me off the floor if they realize I haven't yet.
- She is mostly doing good with the bottle, although daddy did have a few rough nights this past week. Hopefully next week will be better.
- Sleep is about the same. Longest stretches are 4 hours, but she seems to sleep really well for those 4 hours. We are still working out the kinks in our bedtime routine. I have to give Kevin a ton of credit here. 5 nights a week he handles bath and bed time all by himself. I know it's not easy for him, but he is really doing a wonderful job.
- Naps have been great. When Kevin leaves for work in the morning, I get to enjoy my Lucy/Kennedy snuggle time and it is the BEST!!! Baby girl is napping a little less during the day and, unfortunately due to my crazy schedule we have not worked out a scheduled nap time... but she naps when she needs to and seems well rested so I am not too worried just yet.
- I reach my goal weight!!!!!!!!! Woot woot!!!!!! Now to maintain for... umm... ever. :) Seriously, it feels so good to be back where I want to be. I am still not as in shape as I would like to be, but today I will just celebrate my goal weight. Tomorrow... I will work on my endurance, run time, etc.
- Right now I weigh about 125 lbs.
- *For reference, my highest pregnancy weight was 162, my pre-pregnancy weight was 130 and my goal weight is 125*
How Is Daddy?
- Kevin is doing good. He had a few rough nights this week. It really kills me to read texts from him while I am at work saying "I don't know what to do, she won't stop screaming." I would give anything to be able to stay home with my baby girl, but it's just not in the cards. I know he does the very best that he can and he is an amazing, kind, loving father. I just wish I could help more. I know how frustrating it can be when you feel like you have tried everything and she won't.stop.crying. At the same time though, crying or not, I know he loves his daddy/Kennedy time and wouldn't trade it for anything in this world.
Any appointments, visitors or outings? Anything else new?
- Nothing new really in this department.
- Cloth diapering is still going great!!
- Love: Kennedy's mobile that is attached to her pack-n-play. She LOVES watching her owls flying around in circles. She giggles and coos and talks to them while they spin around and around. It is so adorable!
- Hate: Hmm... work? Is work an option?
- Sweat test is this coming Thursday, followed by a consult with a genetic counselor. I'm nervous, but have faith that all will go well.
- Next pediatrician appointment for Kennedy is at the end of November.