We enjoyed a wonderful Christmas at home with some great surprises, including a visit from my brother, Mike and brother-in-law, Chad. They are the best (and best uncles, too!)
How Big Is Baby?
- Kennedy is probably near 22 pounds
- Still in 18 month winter clothes. She got LOTS of 18-24 month outfits for Christmas, but they are a little too big right now.
- Size 5 and 5/6 shoes. The 5/6 slippers are a little big, but they are just to wear around the house so it's ok. Her size 5 TOMS are getting small, but I am going to save the 6s for warmer weather.
- Full time cloth diapering. Smalls and one-sizes. I did break out a few of her mediums, just to try on, but they don't get much use yet. I also bought a few training pants. Exciting!
Development & Milestones
- Still running and stomping around everywhere.
- She has really started climbing up onto...well.. everything. She loved climbing on all of the boxes from Christmas and has been caught on chairs, on the back of the couch, tables and... pretty much nothing is safe. It is time to amp up our baby proofing.
- Big deal this month... BIG GIRL BED! We removed the front rail from her crib, so Kennedy now has a big girl bed. She naps here and starts out the nigh here as well, but still sleeps in our bed for the majority of the night.
- She has been using the potty a lot this month. She still will not tell us when she has to go, but if we ask her, she will answer. We have had a few days with very few accidents, but it means putting her on the potty almost every hour. We are still trying to get her to tell us when she needs to go.
- Her language development continues to grow by leaps and bounds. She signs almost 50 words now and speaks about 35. Most of her words she mimics or repeats, but I would say she knows about 25 on her` own. She is very talkative!
- The tooth count is up to 14 or 16 now. It's hard to count, but she almost has a full set.
- Nursing continues to go well. We cut out pumping completely, but still nurse on demand, which tends to be 3-4 times/day.
- K's appetite is back to normal this month. She loves pasta, sausage, hash browns (or any potato), mac n cheese, black olives (weird, right?), all fruit and, of course, Christmas cookies
- Sleep has been pretty good. Sometimes getting her down to sleep is brutal, but once she is out, she sleeps 10-12 hours/night consistently, waking once or twice for a sip of water. She falls back asleep easily.
- Naps have been pretty good this month. Kennedy naps anywhere from 1-3 hours in the afternoon. If I lay down with her, she usually falls asleep quickly and naps really well in her big girl bed.
Mommy & Daddy Check In
- It has been a wonderful month. Kevin and I are both doing really well.
- I finished one of the more difficult classes in my BSN program and have a few weeks off now. Much needed.
- Otherwise... work is work and school is school. We are both looking forward to planning a much-needed break in the spring.
Any appointments, visitors or outings? Anything else new?
- Lights on the Lake drive through, Kennedy LOVED it!
- Visited Santa at the mall
- Surprise visit from Uncle Mikey on Christmas Eve
- Surprise visit from Santa on Christmas morning
- Surprise visit from Uncle Chad on Christmas morning
- An absolutely wonderful Christmas
Any upcoming developments, milestones? What's next?
- Next appointment will be 18 months in January