10.14.2012

Kennedy's 11 Week Check In

We are on our own, back to work full time and settling into parenthood.  We had a few rough days/nights this week... but every day we get to spend with this beautiful baby girl is a true blessing.

How Big Is Baby?

  • Kennedy is approaching 12 pounds and is one tall girl!
  • Mostly 3 month clothes.  Some 0-3 and some 3-6.  We are slowly working our way into her fall/winter wardrobe.
  • Full time cloth diapering. One size and smalls.
Development & Milestones
  • Kennedy has been a drooling machine lately.
  • She loves exploring her hands and chewing on them.
  • She is working on rolling over.  She is able to get up onto her side, but can't quite make it all the way over just yet, but it won't be long.
Diet/Nursing
  • Nursing pretty good... we have had a few rough days this week where she din't eat well, but for the most part doing great!
  • Same with the bottle.  A few rough days/nights for daddy, but all in all a good week.
Sleep
  • A rough week in the sleep department.  The sleep fairy has taken a vacation.  Kennedy has been up almost every hour for the past 2 nights.  Sometimes she's hungry, sometimes she's wet, sometimes she just wants to make sure I am not sleeping.  ;)  When I have tried changing and nursing and swaddling and singing and rocking... and nothing seems to work... I put her in her ring sling and walk some laps.  She usually settles down pretty quickly once I start walking around.
  • Naps have been so-so this week.
  • If you are holding the sleep fairy hostage, please send her back my way, mmkay?
PP Mommy Check In
  • Down 2 pounds this week!!!  Must all that pacing the halls in the middle of the night.  :)
  • I am 2 pounds below my pre-pregnancy weight, goal #1.
  • 3 pounds to go to goal #2, my final goal.
  • Right now I weigh about 128 lbs.  
  • *For reference, my highest pregnancy weight was 162, my pre-pregnancy weight was 130 and my goal weight is 125*
How Is Daddy?
  • Kevin had a rough week.  He had bath and bed times all to himself (with the exception of Wednesday) all week.  He did great, but not without stress and hours of dealing with a screaming baby.  I'm sure he will hit his groove soon and bed time will get easier.
Any appointments, visitors or outings?  Anything else new?
  • Nothing really new and exciting to report this week.  We managed to avoid the sitter for another week because our schedules just worked out that way.  We are very fortunate to be able to do 90% of the baby care between the two of us.  It may involve baby swapping Chinese Fire Drills in the parking lot of our Dunkin Donuts... but it works for us.
  • Cloth diapering is still going great!! 
  Love/Hate: 
  • Love: Fleece sleep sacks.  They are so warm and soft... the perfect thing to put Kennedy in after her bath.  Makes me kind of wish I could have one for myself.
  • Hate:  The cheap garbage can we picked up for the cloth diapers.  It won't stay shut and it bugs the snot out of me.  I will be finding a new one very very soon.
Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?
  • Next appointment for Kennedy is at the end of November.
  • First trip to the sitter is Tuesday!!  :(
Picture Time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment