10.07.2012

Kennedy's 10 Week Check In

Well... after this week, Kevin and I will be on our own.  We will both be back to work full time, my mom will be back in Florida and Kennedy will be going to the sitter a few days a week.  This marks the last of all of the new baby excitement coming to an end.  We will be settling in to our new normal.  I'm excited, scared, sad... this is really bittersweet for me.  I wish I could just hit the pause button and stay right here forever.



Cranktastic baby during my attempt at our weekly photo shoot.


Airplane!!


How Big Is Baby?

  • Miss Kennedy is 11 lbs 12 oz (68th percentile).  She is 24 3/4 in (>97 percentile)... we have one long and lean little lady!
  • Mostly 0-3 and 3 month cloths.  She is even sporting some 3-6 month outfits too.  The newborn clothes are almost completely retired.  (same as last week)
  • Full time cloth diapering.  We have moved up one snap in length and are kind of in between snaps (which is a pain!) in the waist.
Development & Milestones
  • Kennedy loves tummy time and lounging in her boppy.
  • She loves kicking the singing monkey on her play mat and swatting at all of the cool toys.
  • She is also loving her rattle socks.  I am anxiously waiting on the wrist rattles I ordered to come in.  She is really going to love those.
  • She has been very vocal this week, talking, cooing and gurgling.  I can't wait to hear some belly laughs!
Diet/Nursing
  • Nursing great!
  • Since I went back to work this week, she has been taking the bottle at night.  My mom and Kevin had a rough night the day after her vaccines where she didn't want to eat... but other than that, she has been taking the bottle well also.
Sleep
  • We took a bit of a step back in her sleep routine... we are at about 3 hours at a time now.  Although she does seem to get one good long stretch, sometimes as long as 5 hours, when she first falls asleep. 
  • Naps great in the morning, but still cranky at bed time.  :)
PP Mommy Check In
  • Gah!  I went up a pound this week!!  I blame my mom's good cooking and my midnight snacks.  :/  Which puts me back at my pre-pregnancy weight... so not terrible, but I'm not happy to be moving in the wrong direction.
  • 5 pounds to go to goal #2, my final goal.
  • Right now I weigh about 130 lbs.  
  • *For reference, my highest pregnancy weight was 162, my pre-pregnancy weight was 130 and my goal weight is 125*
How Is Daddy?
  • Kevin is doing great.  He has taken over the bath and bed time routine and, with my mom's help this week, really made my first week back to work as painless as possible.  He sent me picture messages every night and kept me updated on my little girl.  I'm so lucky to have such a caring husband and wonderful father to our baby girl.
  • Next week (well starting Tuesday night), he will be all on his own at night.  I am praying Kennedy takes it easy on him.
Any appointments, visitors or outings?  Anything else new?
  • Kennedy had her 2 month check up on Tuesday.  I'm an idiot and wrote down the wrong time so we were 20 minutes late!  Yikes!  Thankfully, they were able to squeeze us in anyway.  Her check up went wonderfully... she is healthy and developing right on track or even a little ahead of schedule in some areas.
  • Vaccines.  Baby girl received all of her vaccines on schedule and took them like a champ.  She did run a bit of a fever Tuesday and was a little cranky on Wednesday, but for the most part, no issues at all.  Speaking of vaccines, in the Parade insert in today's paper, there was a great article about vaccinating your children.  http://www.parade.com/health/2012/10/07-why-so-many-parents-are-delaying-vaccines.html  Definitely worth a read.
  • Cloth diapering is still going great!! 
  Love/Hate: 
  • Love: Sleep Sheep from Pottery Barn Kids.  I love the soft ocean sound and so does Kennedy.  I'm brainwashing my little beach babe already.  :)
  • Hate:  Leaving my little girl.  Hardest thing for me to do every day that I go to work.
Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?
  • Next appointment for Kennedy is at the end of November.
  • My mom flies home on Tuesday.  I don't know what I'm going to do without her here!!
  • First trip to the sitter is this week.  :(
Picture Time!!
*Kennedy was NOT having her picture taken today... so here are a few from earlier in the week when we were playing around with Halloween costumes.  I'll try to get some better ones next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment