2.03.2013

Kennedy's 27 Week Check In

You know... when I first started doing these weekly check ins, I wasn't sure how long it would last.  When your baby is very new, you count their age in weeks.  After a certain point, you start counting in months (because people give you the deer-in-headlights look when they ask "how old" and you respond "17 weeks").  I thought maybe I would do weekly ones until she turned 6 months and then I would switch to monthly... but I'm just not ready yet.  And, to be honest, it feels sometimes like so much happens in one week that I don't want to forget.  So, here we are.  6 months old and another weekly check in.  They really do grow so fast, I want to be sure to cherish, celebrate and remember every magical moment.



How Big Is Baby?

  • Kennedy weighed 15lb 15oz at her check up on Wednesday.  I'm sure, by now, she has packed on that extra ounce and is 16 pounds!!  
  • She was 28.5 inches long on Wednesday.
  • % wise, she is still >97% for length and around 50ish for weight.  Baby girl is long and lean, just like her mama.  
  • Almost all of her 3 month clothes have been retired, onesies and pants included now.  She can still wear some of her 3 month dresses, mostly as tunics though with pants underneath.  For the most part, she is in 6 and 6-9 month clothes.
  • Full time cloth diapering. One size and smalls with two medium fleece soakers. We are starting to move out and snap and have gone up one row in rise in all of the diapers.




Development & Milestones
  • Well I think a half birthday is a pretty fabulous milestone!!  
  • We have 2 teeth now.  Two bottom teeth.  They are just barely through, but they are there!
  • BLW is still going great, see also below for details.
  • K is working really hard on crawling.  She has the mini-push up down, she rocks back and forth sometimes and she can even go backwards... but forward crawling... notsomuch. 
 
Diet/Nursing
  • Nursing is still going great!  
  • Pumping at work has been so-so this week.  There were a few days where I couldn't pump at all which was misery!!  Thankfully, my supply is strong enough that it has not been affected.  I am still able to pump about 15oz at a time when I do pump.
  • This week has been a great week for BLW.  Baby girl ate broccoli at her half birthday dinner and LOVED it.  She also tried an apple slice, zucchini and squash.


Sleep

  • Night time sleep has been pretty good.  She is waking up on her own around 8:30 or 9am and we take our time in the morning (biggest benefit to me working evenings).
  • Naps have been pretty good too.  I have been trying to stick to the 2-3-4 schedule and she seems to do well with it, although she would much rather snuggle and nap with me then in her crib.  I have noticed that when I let her nap with me or even just in my bed, she will sleep for 2+ hours... in her crib, it;s about 30 minutes.  I have to work on this, for sure.
 
PP Mommy Check In

  • Holding steady at my weight.  I started looking into gyms this week and am hoping to decide on a gym with Kevin next weekend.  I really miss working out and really really miss running.  Since the weather is just not condusive to my favorite outdoor activities, I need to change to indoors.
  • Right now I am about 122 lbs.  
  • *For reference, my highest pregnancy weight was 162, my pre-pregnancy weight was 130 and my goal weight is 125* 


How Is Daddy?
  • Kevin had a great week.  He has the hang of dinner, bath and bed time.  I am so very lucky to have such a wonderful husband and father to our little girl.  He rocks!


Any appointments, visitors or outings?  Anything else new?
  • Kennedy's 6 month appointment on Wednesday went great!!  The doctor said she is growing beautifully and that her development is right on track, even ahead in some areas like sitting!!  This, of course, makes my daughter a genius.  lol.  Shots went as good as can be expected.  She cried for a minute or two, but was back to her cute and curious self before the nurse left the room.
  •  Cloth diapering is going great!  I have been experimenting more with fitteds and they are growing on me.  I have also switched to cloth wipes, which I love!!


  Product Rave: 
  • My super cute custom burp cloths from Lou Bugs Boutique on EtsyI picked out the fabric and sent it in to have them made.  They turned out pretty adorable if I do say so myself.
 
Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?

  • Baby girl will have a full day with the sitter on Tuesday.  It's been a while since she spent a full day with Miss Nicole, but I'm sure she will do awesome!
  
Picture Time!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment