6.06.2012

33 Week Check In

It's so hard to believe that the end of this pregnancy is so very close!!  While I am very much looking forward to meeting this little one and joining the ranks of motherhood... I am also trying to savor every moment that I have left feeling the baby kick, wiggle and squirm in my belly.

How Big Is Baby?
 

  • Honestly... I'm not really even sure what exactly this is... lol... but it's crazy to think that baby is over 4 pounds now!!
Baby’s Development
  • Baby's keeping his/her eyes open while awake. S/he's also starting to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing.
How Big Is Mommy?
 
  • This is from Sunday on our way back from Pittsburgh.  I have been DYING for a Sonic Ocean Water slushie and was super happy to be able to enjoy one this past weekend.  It was delicious!!

How Am I feeling?
  • Physically:  Pretty good.  I was nervous about the 6 hour trip and how my back would handle it, but it went pretty good.  We got out to stretch (and for me to pee) a few times and it was a breeze.  I am still surprised at how comfortable I am for 33 weeks pregnant.
  • Emotionally:  Great!  Every day this gets a little more real... between setting up meetings with a potential day care and pediatrician and shopping like a maniac with soon-to-be Grandma... I am just thrilled to be where I am and excited to experience what lies ahead.
Any new developments, milestones?  Anything new?
  • No appointment updates this week, but we did drive to Pittsburgh to spend a short weekend with Kevin's parents.  MIL was a shopping machine and hit Babies-R-Us like it was her job.  She printed out our registry and zoomed up and down every.single.aisle filling her cart like she was a contestant on Supermarket Sweep (remember that show?  I used to LOVE that show!).  Anyway... she basically threw us a shower, by herself.  We couldn't be more grateful.  The nursery is stocked full of every possible necessity and luxury our baby could possibly need.  We are very very lucky!!
 Love/Hate:
  • Love: Cucumber tomato salad.  LOVE it.  I have eaten it almost every day this past week.  I make it myself, super simple... chopped tomato, cucumber, thinly sliced onions, fresh basil, a little olive oil and vinegar and some Italian spices.  Nom Nom Nom.
  • Hate:  That we don't have Sheetz or Sonic in Syracuse.  I got to enjoy a few Sheetz smoothies (cake batter... YUM!) and a gimongous Sonic Ocean Water slushie on our road trip this past weekend... and I would sooooo love to be able to enjoy them more often.
Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?
  • Next OB appointment is tomorrow.  From what I understand, this should be another quickie, but a chance to check up on little one, nonetheless. 
  • Next week we will be driving down to South Carolina to watch Kevin's brother graduate from Army boot camp.  It seems like I am spending some serious quality time the passenger seat of our car these days.  Anyway, we are soooo proud of Chad and can't wait to see him in uniform.  And bonus... this beach bum gets a chance to enjoy her mostest favoritest place in the world... the BEACH!!!  Woot woot!!!  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment