12.28.2011

10 Week Check In

Well, this morning I was a train wreck.  I woke up to large amounts of brown spotting and was terrified that I was having another miscarriage.  I called the OB right away and they were able to get me in for a quick ultrasound... baby was bouncing around with a strong, healthy heartbeat and had grown so much in the last two weeks... I teared up immediately.  Everything looks fine and now I am totally relieved.  

Also, our Christmas morning reveal with my parents went wonderfully.  They were so overjoyed and are so excited to welcome their first grandchild.  We couldn't be happier to share our joy with them.  Although telling them in person would have been ideal, thanks to the wonders of technology (yay for Skype and cell phones) we were still able to see the surprise and excitement on their faces and hear it in their voices.  What a wonderful way to celebrate Christmas!

How Big Is Baby?

  • Prune size and over an inch now... still so tiny!
     
    Baby’s Development

    • With bones and cartilage starting to form and vital organs beginning to function, baby is making major progress. Body length will almost double in the next three weeks, and arm joints are now working. (Soon, legs will too.)


    How Big Is Mommy?
    https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?view=att&th=136750fd7c797d79&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1398175202364358656-1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-2E0kNkg943FpCNAY-2fyh&sadet=1334079548974&sads=83Dv2QBZrPMKiY7JOFDJ_V1AIx4https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?view=att&th=136750fd71be42ef&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1398175215063662592-1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-2E0kNkg943FpCNAY-2fyh&sadet=1334079445056&sads=WL_VvlQPMPTUVoCQ3BzFIzI8vrE
    •  Still nothing to see yet.
    How Am I feeling?
    • Physically: Still pretty crummy, although I have had a day or two of only mildly crummy this week.  Our first Christmas dinner as a married couple consisted of plain Lo Mein noodles from the local Chinese take out place (which I then promptly donated to the toilet).  Wife of the year right here.  :(
    • Emotionally:  Terrified this morning... relieved now.  I am also feeling really terrible for my husband.  He is a saint and has been taking care of me as much as he can.  I feel awful that I am just not up to celebrating the holidays like normal and I feel like he is paying the price... but he is being just so genuinely sweet about it.  Hopefully this stops soon and I can start really enjoying this pregnancy.
    Any new developments, milestones?  Anything new?
    • Another ultrasound today!  Although not planned and done because I was spotting/bleeding... it is always nice to see our little baby on the screen.  What a relief to know that everything is ok.
     Love/Hate:
    • Love:  Lo Mein noodles... plain... with a splash of soy sauce.  I am discovering all sorts of new plain carbs that fit into my bland diet.  lol
    • Hate:  Spotting.  So scary.
    Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?
    • Christmas has come and gone... and New Year's is this weekend.  We will definitely not be partying it up in our usual fashion, but that is totally fine with me.  Our next appointment is scheduled for 1/13/12... it will be another ultrasound along with some blood work to screen the baby for Down's Syndrome and other genetic abnormalities... fingers crossed that everything continues to go well!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment