How Big Is Baby?
- Kennedy is just over 20 pounds now.
- I have started buying 18 month outfits for fall. She is so tall that the 18 month pants/leggings fit pretty good. Tops, she is in 12 month-24 month.
- Size 4 shoes. I tried on her size 3s the other day (because they matched her outfit better, lol) and it was a struggle to get them on!
- Full time cloth diapering. Size smalls and one size- fully extended on the rise and out 2-3 snaps at the waist
Development & Milestones
- Walking and talking and running and climbing.
- She is getting better with her utensils and holding a cup (without a lid or sippy) better. However, she loves to dump her bowl out. Ack!
- She is getting much better wiht signing. I have to credit the Baby Signing Time video I downloaded from Amazon. She does milk, more, all done, baby, eat and has done water a few times for daddy. Her communication skills amaze me daily. She is getting so much better!
- The tooth count is still at 8... I thought her molars were coming in, but now I'm not so sure.
- Nursing is wonderful. We were able to nurse at the fair in the Ergo comfortably and she actually stayed focused... well... for the most part. She still nurses to sleep and first thing in the morning too, which I just love!
- Pumping is going well. Still pumping once a shift.
- Great news!! I have officially been accepted as a donor to the National Milk Bank. My coolers should be on their way soon and I will be sending several hundred ounces of life saving mommy milk to preemie babies in need! I am so excited to share this special gift!
- BLW was wonderful! She got to enjoy lots of yummy fair food this week and tried some of the bets chocolate milk ever! She also enjoyed one of mommy's favorites.. corn! Fair corn is the BEST and I think Kennedy would agree!
- Sleep has been pretty good. Kennedy still wakes once or twice to nurse, but easily falls right back asleep. She sleeps 10 hours consistently overnight (not straight through, but it works).
- Naps were pretty good. She is still transitioning to one 2-4 hour nap a day, usually in the early afternoon. There have been a few days where she has boycotted her nap altogether (makes.me.crazy!) but overall she has done well.
Mommy & Daddy Check In
- It has been a great month! With Kennedy's birthday and visitors from some wonderful friends and family, we have really enjoyed this last full month of summer. The weather has been gorgeous, the state fair was a blast and spending time with our little girl has been wonderful! We are anxiously awaiting our vacation to really enjoy spending a whole week with our awesome little family!
Any appointments, visitors or outings? Anything else new?
- This month we enjoyed visits from Nana Lorrie and Grandpa Greg from Florida, Nana Sherrie, Pap Pap and Uncle Chad from Pittsburgh and our friends Amy, Adam and Abbi from Buffalo.
- We celebrated our sweet friend, Isaiah's first birthday and had a few play dates at the park.
- We checked out the zoo and the splash pad at Seneca Lake State Park.
- Cloth diapering is still going great!!
- Baby Signing Time video. The music is fun- Kennedy loves to bounce and wiggle along- and she has really gotten much better with her signs since we started watching it. Plus, it gives mommy a chance to nap a bit or jump in the shower while Kennedy is occupuied for a few minutes. Love it!
Any upcoming developments, milestones? What's next?
- Next appointment will be 15 months in October.