I'm pretty late posting this, sorry!! It's been a bit of a rough week. Kennedy is now 8 months old. 8 months?!?! Where has the time gone? She is starting to cut her top two teeth and has been... well... miserable. Her bottom two teeth came in relatively quickly and with little distress, so I guess I didn't completely understand the full effect of teething on a normally happy baby. Not only has she been extra clingy and cranky (which is really unlike her), she has been really congested and snotty and even spiked a temp overnight one night. In short, teething just plain sucks. So... teething she is and hopefully those pearly whites will pop through soon so my smiley (and not so snotty) baby comes back.
- Definitely over 17 pounds and getting really really tall.
- Kennedy is outgrowing her 6 month outfits quickly and even some of her 9 month onesies seem small. We had another baby clothing retirement ceremony this week. Almost all of her 6 month clothes are put away now and we are (FINALLY) starting to break out some spring outfits. Hopefully the weather will follow our lead and warm up.
- Since she isn't walking yet, we don't put shoes on her all the time, but when we do she is a size 3. Already! Wow!
- Full time cloth diapering. We are out one snap on each side and one snap on the rise on all of her dipes. We have gone up a second snap on the rise on a few of her diapers and so far we are getting a great fit!
Development & Milestones
- BLW is going great. She eats so well!! She can now pick up her puffs with just her thumb and index finger and put them in her mouth. No more using her wet hand to stick them too and shoving her whole fist in her mouth (although that was really cute!)
- Kennedy has been crawling up a storm. Her coordination is much improved and she crawls with ease. She can also transition easily from crawling to sitting to standing. She isn't quite so graceful with standing to sitting, but that will come with time.
- She is starting to cruise around her crib, holding onto the handrail and walking up and down the length of the crib.
- Still no real standing on her own, but she is getting closer.
- Her new favorite word seems to be "ba ba"... we aren't sure where this came from or what it means (maybe another word for Lucy?) since we don't call her bottle that and she doesn't seem to correlate it with bottle. Whatever it means, she loves to say it. A lot. I just love her baby babble.
- No progress in the signing department yet, although I must admit we have not been as consistant as we should. Hopefully we will get better about signing more often so she can pick it up.
- Nursing has been pretty good. Our only problem has been since Kennedy is so congested, she has been having a little trouble staying latched (and breathing while nursing, lol) so it takes her a little longer than usual, but I'm in no rush. We make it work. She also seems to be comfort nursing a bit more too, but I don't mind. If it helps her feel a little better, it's the least I can do.
- Pumping at work has been pretty good. Nothing really new here.
- BLW is going really well. This week baby girl had ham (of course, for Easter), crescent rolls, asparagus, pancakes and lots of other yummy foods that I can't remember right now. She really is a little munching machine.
- We are starting to work a little more with drinking water from sippy cups. I tried one brand a few weeks ago and Kennedy was more interested in banging it on her tray than drinking from it. I had heard that possibly the kind with a straw in it may be easier for her, so for Easter I got a cute little bunny sippy cup with a straw. Welp, same story. She is just not interested in drinking from it. I will have Kevin work with her during the week to see if she may be more interested if it is milk.
- Naps in the crib have been so-so this week. I blame her teeth and her stuffy nose more than anything. Hopefully next week will be better.
- Sleep-wise,we have regressed some. She has been in bed with us pretty much all night every night. At this point, if she gets to sleep and we get to sleep, it's a win in my book.
PP Mommy Check In
- A pound down again and I really didn't make any progress working out. The weather took a crap again, but at some point the snow has got to melt right. Right?!?!?
- Right now I am about 119 lbs.
- *For reference, my highest pregnancy weight was 162, my pre-pregnancy weight was 130 and my goal weight is 125*
How Is Daddy?
- Kevin had a rough week too. I have miss captain cranky pants to myself all morning and he gets the pleasure of dealing with her crankiness at night. It's tough not having each other as back up. I'm hoping this coming week is better for him too.
Any appointments, visitors or outings? Anything else new?
- Aside from turning 8 months, nothing new really.
- Cloth diapering is still going great!!
- We are loving Kennedy's new bibs this week. She had become a pro at ripping off her velcro bibs, so I ordered these cuties from etsy with a snap in the back.
Any upcoming developments, milestones? What's next?
- Next pedi visit is at the end of April.